Saturday, July 6, 2013

Because I love to know shit..


Saturday 9: Dedicated to the One I Love

Thanks to Diana for recommending the Mamas and the Papas. (You can listen to the song here.)

1) The lyrics include the line, "Love can never be exactly what we want it to be." Are you happy with your love life?
Oh Jesus.. Do I REALLY need to answer this?  Oh, wait.  There are a couple of prospects on the horizon actually.  It's starting to look up!  It could be better - but it could also be worse.  :)
2) Another lyric is, "Each night before you go to bed, whisper a little prayer for me." Do you say your prayers?
Oh dear God, please let me just get through this and I swear I promise, I mean it this time!  I will go to church EVERY Sunday.  Saturday too!    Oh.  Wait.  No.  Not really.  I say a little prayer every once in a while for someone that is sick or dying, but I can't ask for something when I don't give in return. 

3) Mama Michelle and Papa John were married in real life. It didn't end well -- not for the couple and not for the band. Do you believe you could work successfully with a romantic partner?
Nope.  Ever hear the expression "don't shit where you eat"?  Perfect analogy for it. 
4) After the band broke up, Michelle tried her hand at acting and eventually became a regular on the nighttime soap, Knott's Landing. Of course, she could live off of her music royalties while she learned her new craft. If money was no object, what career would like to try?
Private Investigator.  I love to know shit.  I know shit now.  But I want to know more shit.  
5) There is a famous rumor -- completely false -- that Mama Cass died while eating a ham sandwich. Can you think of another urban legend? 
Richard Gere.  Hampster.  'Nuff said.
6) In the 1960s, every high school girl wanted to wear her hair like Michelle and Cass -- long and straight. Can you recall a fashion trend from your school days?
Elementary?  I had a rocking pair of plaid bell bottoms.  Red plaid.  I thought I was cool.  Junior High?  Feathers in your ears.  High school?  Smoking.  So far I've rid myself of 2 of the 3.  Working on the 3rd.  
7) With the Fourth of July falling on Thursday, are you able to enjoy a looooong four-day holiday weekend?
No.  Shut up.  Longest work day EVER.  Blech..
8) Many communities have parades to celebrate Independence Day. Have you ever ridden on a float or marched in a parade?
Marched in a few back in my HS band days, and actually rode in the one this week, tossing candy at all the little munchkins.  I only gave the ones that weren't acting like animals the ring pops.  Those were like gold.  LOL
9) In honor of the Fourth of July, name your favorite Founding Father.
John Quincy Adams, of course :)



6 comments:

I am Harriet said...

From what I can tell, we are all kinda bummed about the love life question...

The Gal Herself said...

Here I am! I read your answers every week and they always make me smile. But that fancy new Google was so tyrannical! Anyway, I like thinking of you as a kinda potty-mouthed Nancy Drew. Oh, the adventures you could have!

Anonymous said...

I didn't have the feather earrings, but I did have some barrettes with turquoise beads and feathers.

Diana_CT said...

I just hope the Leisure Suits don't come back.

K Dubs said...

Diana - no need to worry - you wouldn't have to wear one! :)

I kind of like the potty-mouthed Nancy Drew thing. Hmmmmmm

And Harriet - yeah. But, I know, as evidenced by peopleofWalmart.com, that there is someone for everyone.

**** April **** said...

OOOOH the ole gerbil and Mr. Gere. I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for the visual!