Saturday, December 6, 2014

Is that what I think it is?

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Lucky Star (1983)
  Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1. Have you ever wished upon a star?Seriously?  Seriously..  Is that bear shit in the woods?

If you haven't wished upon a star, then there's something wrong with you.  Everyone's done that.  Even as a kid.
2. In the 1980s, Madonna considered her wrist bangles one of her fashion trademarks. What's one of your fashion trademarks?That I don't have one?  I wear what makes me comfortable.  It used to be t-shirts and loose jeans.  Now it's tighter jeans.  And no more t-shirts.  LOL 
3. Though she got good grades, Madonna could be disruptive at school, known for turning cartwheels in the halls between classes. Can you do a cartwheel?

Yes - haven't done one in forever - but there is one section at work that just begs for one to be done.  I may do that on Monday.  Thanks for that :)
4. Her high grade point average earned her a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan, home of the Wolverines. Do you follow college football?Not like the rest of these people in Michigan.  It's almost funny. 
5. Madonna co-starred in the movie version of Dick Tracy. Do you enjoy comics?Only the Walking Dead ones!
6. She played Argentinian First Lady Eva Peron in the biopic, Evita and directed a movie about Wallis Simpson. What famous 20th century woman do you wish you could meet/could have met?Eleanor Roosevelt would have been a good one. 
7. Madonna authored a children's book called The English Roses. Tell us about a book that had a big impact on you when you were a kid.
Dick and Jane.  Seriously - learning to read opened up a whole world for me.  I've rarely been without a book since!
8. One of Madonna's "vocal idols" is Ella Fitzgerald. Who is your all-time favorite female singer? 
I really love kd lang's voice.  There are so many these days, though.  How could I possibly pick one?
9. Madonna once did a Pepsi commercial. What beverages are in your refrigerator right now?
I rarely buy soda.  I've got milk, and I think that's it!

8 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Jeans and a tshirt = my uniform. Even as I carry my AARP card in my Levi's pocket. :)

CountryDew said...

I'm a jeans and T-shirt gal, too. Have been ever since my mother gave up trying to get me to dress like a lady.

Kwizgiver said...

KD Lang is such a fantastic choice!

Smellyann said...

I wish I could be a jeans & t-shirt girl, but I have to wear loose pants that don't constrict my pouch or else I can't eat ANYTHING at all. LOL. (Gastric bypass problems.)

katie eggeman said...

I am jeans and T shirts when I go out in public, I keep the sweats at home.

I am Harriet said...

I gave up on the tight jeans many years ago. Thank goodness for jeggings :)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Jammies and a tee shirt. Buhahahaha

Out among the rest of the herd, I must wear normal clothes with big BIG soft waistlines, thank you very much Surgical Interventions!

Loved the wishing on a star answer, and go do that cartwheel! You go Girl!

K Dubs said...

I LOVE jeans and tshirts, but I wore them large to hide the weight gain. Now I've lost weight and don't feel the need to hide the weight loss! :)