Thursday, October 23, 2008

Home....

My back is killing me, my house is an absolute MESS, I have no clue where half my stuff is, but it's still a strong back, the house is MINE and the stuff will be found in time. :) I'm in. Closing was Friday at 4, and after they handed me a bazillion keys I started moving stuff in. Only a couple of scratches in the walls and those are easily touched up. Believe it or not - nothing got broken. Nothing (I think) was left behind except my shovel and some trash at the curb. :) One shower curtain rod is up, the other needs to be drilled in - I'm not brave enough. LOL I have TV, internet and heat. What more could a girl want? Oh. Pictures. Once you can see the floor. LOL
Funny story - my friends hubby tried to hook up the water line for the fridge with the fancy copper line they recommend (and so that is what I bought). Kept leaking. So fine, I go out, buy the cheap plastic line and figure - I can do this, it's easy enough, right? Wrong. I couldn't figure it out. So my in-2-days-12 year old says "Mom, get out of the way and let me do it". And he does. No leaks. We have ice. We have water. And NO leaks. I'm so impressed with him I could just shit. My kid. :D

3 comments:

Cristin said...

Your kid's a genius! Glad you're getting settled in .... and have internet access.. priorities man...

cheatymoon said...

Happy New Home! Happy Birthday Kathy and Josh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys.
Can't wait to see the photos.

Michelle said...

Tell Josh I said Happy Birthday! Oh and I'll hire him to do my water line for my fridge (still haven't done it yet!!). Go Josh!