Monday, June 4, 2012

the email heard round the world...

Since she's decided to read here, I'll share an email that I sent to my dear sister months ago.  She answered, but didn't acknowledge or answer any of my questions - she turned it around on me and made it seem like I was making things up and made it all about me.  Which I hadn't done. 
So anonymous - maybe now you'll answer? 


I can't help but think that there is something going on that I have no
idea about. You rarely answer my calls, and when you do - you always
have to go and say you'll call back but then don't.


I hear things from other people - but nothing from you.


I hear you're mad that Tracey and Bruce came to Michelle's while I was
there and you weren't invited. Nobody was invited, and we didn't know
Tracey and Bruce were coming over until they showed up. I think
Michelle texted you to come over (Only because her phone was closer
than mine) but you said no. I was originally supposed to stay with
you - and you invited Tracey and I to go to your reunion with you-
and somehow you completely forgot about that when I asked. And that's
why I stayed with Michelle.

I come out there for an interview - no "good luck" - no "what are you
doing while you're here" nothing.

I write emails asking you direct questions - and you ignore them. You
answer what you feel like, and that's it. You give very INdirect
answers to direct questions, and then it's like a dance to get you to
answer something - I have to word it three different ways before you
will finally answer.


I just don't get it.

I hear you're still mad that I contacted Erin. Big whoop. That's
between Ken and I. And I did NOT contact her behind his back - if
you'd ever stopped to listen, you would know that. But you've got
your nose so far out of joint that I did contact her you're at the
point of biting it off to spite your face. Not to mention that you've
missed out on getting to know your niece - who happens to be a great
kid.


Maybe you still have issues with being mad at Mary when she died. I
don't know. Maybe you feel the need to take control over as much as
you can - including the sharing of information - with Ken because of
that. Again - I don't know.


What I DO know, however - is that you're my sister. We may not have
always gotten along - we probably will never be as close as we
could/should be. I feel closer to our cousins than I do you -
because I always feel like no matter what I do - you're judging me, or
pissed off at me for something - and I have no clue why.

And this isn't just since the whole issue with Ken - it's been for a
long time. I come home for one week and go to the Cape - and you
always have excuses why you can't come down there. What happened
there that was so traumatic that you can't go there? Because I hear -
again, from other people, that you just can't go there because you
have too many bad memories. Seriously? I don't get it.



Life is too short, Peg. I prefer to live it in the present - not in the past.




Whatever it is - maybe I can help? Maybe we could talk - I don't
know. But I do also know it's not in my head.



1 comment:

jennifer anderson said...

someone s always left out in a family or an office. there always has to be someone left out....