Saturday, December 28, 2013

when all else fails, I'll take a pill for that.. or the one that segued into totally different questions LOL

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 
 
 
 
 
 
Saturday 9: Baby, It's Cold Outside

1) How cold is it where you are? 
34 and heading up to the 40's.  It's a regular heat wave, people!  Break out the bikinis!  Which reminds me, I actually ONCE owned a two piece.  Well, kind of a two piece - it had a little strap down the side that connected the two.  I don't think I ever wore it in public, just at my friend Marianne's house.   Yeah.  That was a looooooooooooooooong time ago.  LOL  I'll never see those size 3 Eddie Bauer jeans again.  
2) This familiar song was introduced in a 1949 film called Neptune's Daughter. (watch a clip here). Name another movie song.
This one...  Which is what I put on my iPod and played to a bunch of my girlfriends after a very long dry spell had been broken.  You figure it out.  LOL
 

3) Who was the last person to call you "baby?" 
Oh Jesus.  Who the hell knows.  Nobody calls me baby.  I think if they did, I'd probably smack them up side the head and say "nobody puts baby in a corner"..  Seriously.  Baby.  Blech.  Don't like that term.  Kind of a teenager thing.  Which reminds me of one guy I went out with.  I was in my 30's - I had the boy, he was maybe 2-3?  He thought it would be OK to put a hickey on my neck.  SERIOUSLY?  WTF...  I told him that in no uncertain terms that if he felt the need to mark his territory he could go piss on a fire hydrant.  And that, my friends was the beginning of the end of that relationship.  LOL
4) This time of year is important to college football fans. Have you watched/will you watch any bowl games? 
I'm not a huge college football fan.  So unless it's on where I am, probably not.  
5)  Are you sad to see the holiday decorations begin to slowly disappear? Or do you think they should all come down right away?
To take them all down would imply that I put them all up!  I didn't even get a tree this year.  LOL  I was going to - and the boy was like "we don't have to get one"... I jumped on that bandwagon so fast, I tell you!  We were originally going to go back East, and then I realized that Peter wasn't going to come up with enough money for Paul to rob, and called that off.  Which is OK, because I was home the weekend after Thanksgiving and saw most of my faves.  :)
6) Did you tell the truth about your weight on your driver's license, or did you shave off a pound or two?
HAH!!!!  That that   MOFO - my license doesn't have a weight on it. 
7) Crazy Sam swears that the Echinacea she takes every morning keeps her healthy. Her boyfriend tells her she's wasting her money. Do you take any herbal supplements? 
If I feel like I'm getting sick, I'll pound the echinacea - so Sam isn't too far off with that!   Other than that?  Heck no.  I'm a "gimme the pill" kind of gal.  I am not one of those that say "oh, no, my body is a temple and I try and keep it healthy".... I smoke, I eat, I drink - and when all else fails, I'll take a pill for that.  What there isn't a pill for?  Another very long dry spell.  LOL
8) The average restaurant in the US tip is 18%. Are you a generous tipper?
You know, my uncle Dennis joined Facebook a few years ago.  He, being of the advanced age that he is (over 60) really had no clue about social media there for a while.  He put as part of his "about me" was that he was a "generous tipper" .  I got nothing after that.  How can you come back to that?  Seriously?  I usually tip 20%, and less if the service is less than stellar. 
9) This is the last Saturday 9 of 2013. Do you know the lyrics to "Auld Lang Syne?"
Yes.  Not like the 2nd half or anything, but yeah, I know it.  God knows there's nothing else I do on New Years' Eve.  It's not like I'm kissing anyone.  Which reminds me, wait.  No.  Never mind.  I'm not going there.  LOL
 
I hope everyone had a great Christmas (if you celebrate).. we had no power for a couple of days last weekend, and got it back on Christmas Eve, thank goodness!  Spent some quality time in the ER - the boy had an issue - which is resolving itself now, another thank goodness!  
 
A question...  if you're going to post a comment..   A little backstory here..  I haven't spoken with my father or siblings in almost two years.    It was my choice, I was sick of being treated like shit and chose to walk away from it and just be done.  
In May of 2011, I graduated from college with my Bachelor's.  My father called, and left a message - but never sent a card, gift, nothing.  NOTHING.  
And yeah, I'll admit it.  I'm still kind of peeved about that.  Right now I'm hosting my BFF's father and his significant other at my house.  They live in S. Carolina.  They are here at the very LEAST once a year.   My father and stepmother?  Have been here once.  When I was living with a guy that was loaded, in a million dollar house..  He was more concerned with how much the realty around me was worth, rather than how I was doing.  They stayed 2 days, and drove so they got in late, and left early.  I've lived here TEN YEARS.  Does anyone else see anything wrong with that?    


 

5 comments:

Diana_CT said...

I'm with you on football, I don't watch it unless I'm stuck in a room with it on.

The Gal Herself said...

Glad your son is better and the power is back on. I didn't have a tree this year, either. Just a wreath on my front door, which is getting dryer by the moment.

CountryDew said...

I hope your son was okay. Re, your question & back story - you have to do what is best for you. I went to my father's house for Christmas (of sorts) for the first time since 1999 this year. Stuff happens. You sort through it as best you can, and in the end, you're the only one who matters.

I am Harriet said...

I haven't word Eddie Bauer jeans in a million years. Size 3? Never..

Kwizgiver said...

It's been below freezing for weeks, and supposed to go below zero next week. Brrrrrr.

Glad your son is better!