Saturday, August 16, 2014

Your mom's underwear?

Saturday 9: Mine Would Be You (recommended by Kathy W) <--- b="" hey="" me="" nbsp="" s="" that="">


Sheeeeeeees baaaaaaaaack!  What a crazy busy summer this has been!  I have been so busy between baseball, baseball, vacation and more baseball that I haven't had much time for anything else.  My lawn is dead, the weeds started taking over, and I just had my hair colored today to get rid of the over 2" of gray creeping in.  
I am SO excited that the Ice Bucket Challenge has taken flight and gone viral.  ALS is a horrible disease, and there needs to be more research and they've certainly gotten the funding for that in the past month!  While I am still estranged (who made up that word anyway?) from my brother and his family, I still think of them often, and wish nothing that the best for them.  I hope that it helps knowing that some day a cure will be found.  I've reached out to my sister in law, and hope some day that we can sit down over a cup of coffee and talk.  
I'm just heartbroken about Robin Williams.  Not sure what else to say.  This one hurt.  

And on to Saturday 9!

 
What a week to come back - one of my favorite songs!  :)

Saturday 9: Mine Would Be You
(recommended by Kathy W)

If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) The lyrics mention his respect for "90 proof and Marlboro Red." What was your most recent drink? When was your last cigarette?
I had a Dirty Girl Scout shot last night, and smoked about 20 min. ago.  Vices....

2)  They also reference "singing like crazy fools." What's the last song you sang?
We were at a piano bar last night, and sang along with a LOT of songs..
3) Blake Shelton won a Grammy for his performance of this song. Crazy Sam won the award for "most improved bowler" when she was in third grade, and it's now in a closet somewhere. Do you have any trophies? If so, where are they?
I stole a pair of your Mom's underwear.. LOL  I got nothin'..
4) Blake is currently on tour. The merchandise sold at concerts brings in big money for the artist. Do you have any tour memorabilia (like a poster or t-shirt)? 
Does the Pope shit in the woods?  I have more than I care to count..
5) In addition to The Voice, Shelton is on TV a lot with his Pizza Hut commercials. What chain restaurant is nearest your home? Do you eat there?
Hungry Howies and Papa John's.  We eat from them both!



6) Shelton has a million-seller CD called Cheers! It's Christmas! What's the first Christmas carol to pop into your head this hot summer Saturday?
Sleigh bells ring.... are you listenin'...

7) Shelton and Miranda Lambert were married in front of 550 guests. Do you enjoy weddings?
Absolutely!

8) The wedding took place on a big Texas ranch. Have you spent much time on a farm or a ranch?
No, but I'd like to go to a dude ranch and find myself a dude.  Guy.  Cowboy.  Rancher.  You know... just one.  My age.  I don't ask for much..

9) In 2013 he helped organize a relief benefit concert for victims of the Oklahoma tornados. Tell us about a charity you support.
I AM a charity.  Want to support me?
I actually do the Relay for Life every year.  :)
 
Happy Saturday! 

2 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Could you imagine what it would take for the Pope to go in the woods? Will all of that crap he wears and people following him? And the dude is always wearing white. Plus, he's a guy and not married.

Welcome back :)

The Gal Herself said...

So glad you rejoined us for the week we highlighted your song. I can't shake my sadness about Robin Williams, either. I've never heard of Hungry Howie's, but it's a great name!