Saturday, January 24, 2015

Liquidation Sale - everything must go!

The Best Thing About Me Is You


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: The Best Thing About Me Is You (2010)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) What would you say is your best quality? Seriously?  That's a cray-cray question.  My dazzling smile, outstanding wit and great ass, of course!
2) In this song, Ricky sings that he's "allergic to tragedy." Do you suffer from any allergies?I'm allergic to Bullshit.  Does that count?

3) Benadryl, the popular allergy medication, is sometimes used to treat insomnia. What do you do when you can't sleep?I usually take a Unisom.  They work great.
4) The lyrics to this week's song encourage us, "Don't wait until maƱana." Are you a procrastinator?Look.  I might not have finished the painting in my hallway yet.  Don't judge me.  I might have some unfinished OH LOOK SQUIRREL!!!
5) Ricky Martin is a judge on The Voice ... Mexico, aired on Mexican television. When you watch competition shows like The Voice, Dancing with the Stars or American Idol, do you usually agree with the judges? Or do you think you could do a better job? 
There is a reason why they are where they are.  And come on, who am *I* to judge anyone.  Really.  
6) Ricky tells interviewers that when he was very young, he'd sing in the family kitchen, pretending a wooden spoon was his microphone. Crazy Sam admits to lip synching into a black Magic Marker. When you gave imaginary concerts, what did you use as a microphone? A pen?  I have absolutely NO idea.  I have never been able to sing - so anyone that I tortured as a child with my concerts - I apologize.  Oh.  Wait.  I knew then I couldn't sing.  I never did that.  So I take that apology back. 
7) Ricky began working at the tender age of 9, performing in commercials. How old were you when you received your first paycheck?
When momma put me out on the corner at the tender age of 14, I knew that I had to.. Oh.  Wait.  Never mind.  Wrong story.  16.  I worked at the hospital.  In the dietary department.  Delivering food trays, cleaning up afterwards, etc.  It was a lot of fun - great group of people.  Except Mimi G.  Gosh, she was such a bitch to me. I have no clue why, but she was.   8) Ricky does yoga to stay in shape. Have you ever tried yoga?I really like Yoga.  I might go Yoga right now.  Do a little downward dog.  But what I don't get?  HOT yoga.  I think they tried to kill me.  Not sure why, I'm a nice person.  Why would someone try and kill me like that? 
9) Ricky is of primarily Spanish descent, with a little French mixed in. When you think of French cuisine, what comes to mind?
Snails.   I remember going out to dinner once with the boy's father.  He was all proud of himself for ordering escargot.  Big whoop dude.  Eat some Haggis and then come brag to me.  Oh.  Wait.  We'd have to speak for that.  But that's an example of how impressionable I was at a young tender age.  
 
 
It's been a crazy couple of weeks!  I was sick last week, the boy this week.  The best thing I've ever heard out of him?  4AM Tuesday morning, from the bathroom floor - "my body is having a liquidation sale and everything must go".  yes.  He really did.  LOL  If there was ever ANY doubt he's my kid - there's your sign.   Hope nobody else catches whatever it is going around - it's pretty nasty.

Happy Saturday!
 
 

4 comments:

Jodi said...

What exactly is hot yoga?

Have a great Saturday!

Kwizgiver said...

Sorry you've been sick. The boy's comment is hilarious!

CountryDew said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Your kid has a sense of humor even in the midst of a bout of bathroom floor! Terrific.

The Gal Herself said...

Sorry you have been feeling rotten, but glad you had a little kindred spirit to keep you company.

You nailed the thing that makes me want to try yoga again -- those names. Those names are so cool.