Sunday, October 26, 2014

I read naked on the street corner once, does that count?

October 25, 2014

10/25 - good good day :)  That was the "boy"s birthday.  Although now, he's no longer a boy.  I guess, officially, he's a "man".. Eighteen.  I don't feel old enough to have an 18 year old.  But my birthday being the day before reminded me that, yeah.  I *am* old enough.  LOL 
Here's an oldie but goodie of the two of us. 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nerd Alert


Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme. 
Let's go!!!

From F Yeah, Surveys

  Nerd Alert Meme 


1. Favorite childhood book?
Oh man, that's like asking which child is a parent's favorite.  I was Nancy Drew's best friend, climbed through the closet into Narnia, so wanted to hang out with Laura Ingalls, and why, oh why can't the Hardy Boys be in my town.


2. What are you reading right now?
Right now?  This meme.  But what book do I have going?  The Alienist on my iPad and in book form one by Nora Roberts.

3. What books do you have on request at the library?

None, right now.

4. Bad book habit?

Not using a bookmark and folding down the page instead. 

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?

None, zip, zilch

6. Do you have an e-reader? 

I have an iPad, that holds lots and lots of books!

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? 

What, are you not paying attention to my answers?  Depends on the books.  Or if I go somewhere and forget my book, and have to start another one because I'm bored out of my skull doing whatever it is that I'm off doing.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Not really, are they supposed to?

9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)?
Hmmmmm... there are a couple that I started and couldn't get into - and that's rare.  But they must have been so bad, because I can't remember what books they were!

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
I know they're not books, but my favorite are the Walking Dead comics.  Oh man, is that good.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
I read naked on the street corner once, does that count?

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
I usually read before nodding off, so in bed.

13. Can you read on the bus?
I'm not aware of any rules against it. 

14. Favorite place to read?
Whatever one I'm at?

15. What is your policy on book lending? 
Hardcovers I want back, but paperbacks you can pass on.  But now with this whole "digital age" it's not as easy to lend out books!

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
Um.  Maybe.

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Textbooks.  Sure.

18. Not even with text books? 

Why did you assume that I was going to answer no to the previous question?
 

19. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Oh goodness... my criminal law text?  Come on now..

20. What makes you love a book?
Depends.  Does it like long walks on the beach, pina coladas and getting caught in the rain?

7 comments:

gina said...

For some reason, I have always liked the song you referenced in #20!

Kwizgiver said...

My reading habits have changed since blogging because I read a lot of book blogs to get suggestions.

katie eggeman said...

It is hard to lend when you e-read! I still will make suggestions when I love a book

Stacy said...

Whoa! Naked on a street corner would definitely count as out of my comfort zone. lol

I am Harriet said...

I loved Nancy Drew as a kid. I have a couple of the originals somewhere.

Bev Sykes said...

Ok. I'll ak. WHY were you reading naked on the corner?

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Hahahahaha! I love to come here and read your answers they are so off the wall. er.. you didn't really do that did you? hehehe