Saturday, March 15, 2014

Does a bear shit in the woods?


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

"The Unicorn" was selected because Monday is St. Patrick's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song was recorded by The Irish Rovers. While it's said that on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish, can you honestly claim Irish heritage?
Aye, but of course!

2) According to the 2000 Census, Massachusetts is the state with the largest percentage of residents of Irish descent. Have you ever been to The Bay State?
Well, considerin' that was where I was fer shur born, I suppose so!  So that should bolster your opinion of my #1 answer :)


3) Other than St. Patrick, what is Ireland famous for?Now this is when I wish I had my negatives turned into a disc full of pictures..  The Cliffs of Moher..  Castles,  Guinness, Waterford Crystal, Beleek, Guinness, great golfing, beautiful lush countryside, colored sheep, gorgeous drives (on the wrong side of the road, ye know)..

4) St. Patrick's Day is celebrated the world over. They even watch marching bands and wave Irish flags on St. Patrick's Day in Moscow. Does your town have a St. Patrick's Day parade? Yes, and it's actually happening right now.  But I decided that you, my faithful readers, were more important.  :)  Or sleeping in.  You decide.  LOL

5) "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day?In my younger, thinner days, I had a wee little bit of a thong with four leaf clovers on it.   This year?  I think I'll wear my (green) Boston with a shamrock t-shirt :)

6) Have you ever had green beer?Does a bear shit in the woods?  Oh wait.. Here.  You decide... And if you haven't had it, just be prepared for some colored poop of your own... lol



7) Have you ever ordered a Shamrock Shake at McDonald's?To be sure, they're a wee bit better with the Oreos mixed in..

8) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm? To turn serious for a minute... I had a bit of a health "scare" this week and while I was waiting for some results - which thank God turned out to be nothing - I wore my mother's ring.  Not sure if that brought me luck, but not sure if it didn't either.  :)

But it was a long few days.  Thinking the worst, and then finding out the best.  Whew!

9) Speaking of Lucky Charms, they are magically delicious.  What brand of cereal is in your kitchen right now?
They're magically full of sugar, they are!  LOL  Honey Nut Cheerios, Krave (another junk one), Honey Nut O's, Chocolate Cheerios, Peanut Butter Cheerios (which, mixed with the chocolate ones - is quite tasty)...


Happy Saturday, and appreciate the good things in life :)

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

I'm glad your health scare turned out well. Those can be frantic times.

Kwizgiver said...

Glad you're health scare was just a scare.