Saturday, February 15, 2014

VD is over, dammit. Stop asking me about it!

As Time Goes By

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


 1) This is the theme song of Casablanca, generally acknowledged as one the screen's great love stories. In honor of Valentine's Day weekend, what's your favorite movie romance?

Oh Jesus, Mary and the Carpenter.  I thought we were through with VD?   It's over.  Finit.  Done. 

2) Even though he was only 5'8 and had a receding hairline, Humphrey Bogart was a popular leading man. What movie or TV actor or actress makes your heart skip a beat?
 I just loved him as Denny Duquette..



3) Sweethearts are those little heart-shaped candies that are printed with messages like, "Be Mine" and "Kiss Me." Do you like how they taste?
Yes, like liquid Pepto Bismol mixed with chalk.  They're nasty. 


4) Valentine's Day is a big day for florists. When is the last time a floral arrangement adorned your table or desk?
Ohhhhhhh Feck off, willya?   Oh, wait - I got flowers when I started my job.  And last year when everything was starting to turn green.  


5) Do you think an e-card means as much as a conventional card in an envelope?Depends on who it's from or to,  and what the content is.  Let's take, for example, this e-card...

 
Now that could have the desired effect of basically telling someone to fuck off, correct?

OR... You could have stamps made up of this:

And use them only when you mail something to the person that's in the picture that has nothing to do with the baby on his lap any more.   That's just as an effective "Fuck you" as the e-card, right? 

6) Despite what you see on Valentines, the human heart isn't bright red. It's really a brownish shade of red, like a brick. Now it's your turn. Share some trivia that's been rattling around in your head. (It does NOT have to be about Valentines or the human heart. It can be any random fact at all.)

You know, right now?  I got nothing... strange, right?  Me?  Speechless?  Well, not actually speechless, just not a lot of unthunked thoughts today.  This morning.  It's early, I'm still working on my coffee.  LOL

7) When is the last time you thought your heart would break?
The boy made honor roll last trimester, and he is going to again this trimester.  I'm so proud of him I could burst.  And he wrote an essay to get into an EFE program for aviation technology that just about made me shit I was so excited for him.  I really have said "who are you and what have you done to my son"? 
As far as "romantic" heartbreak?  Meh...  I'm not going there - it's all over and done with.  But I will tell you - the one thing that upsets me more than anything?  Is when you make my kid cry. 

 
8) What is the most recent thing to lift your heart?

 Honor roll, essays, you know - stuff like that.   :) <3 span="">

9) Who is the most "hard hearted" person you know?

Oh just look at that asshole up in #5.  Blech.  He doesn't have one.  I'm not sure he ever did.

8 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Down, girl, down! Not a single one of these questions asked you about YOUR Valentine's Day! As the one who "helps" Sam compose these questions, I was very careful about that because I know the day is hard for some people.

Your son sounds like quite a guy. No wonder you're proud. And I think I quit watching Grey's after Denny died. He was cool.

K Dubs said...

LOL Gal! Don't you know, it's always about me? ;-) They are great questions, and it's just another day to me.

The Gal Herself said...

Kathy, how can it be about you when it's about ME? :)

K Dubs said...

LOL It's about BOTH of us!!!

Diana_CT said...

Congratulation in your son getting in the EFE program for aviation technology

lia said...

Wow! Congratulations! Your son is doing great! I've been known to say that about my son, too! :)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Congrats to your son, and to YOU! Great job!

I have a dd graduating UCB this year. May walk with honors. We'll see. *fingers crossed for her*

Is this meme really all about Kathy and The Gal? I thought it was about St. Valentine but then that shows you what I know. hehe bbye!

CountryDew said...

Congrats to your son and to the mom who raised him. Good job!

Love your spunk.