Saturday, January 17, 2009

Boys and their toys

I suppose as they get older, the toys get bigger. But when they're small and first discover their penis, boys are pretty funny. Mine would poke at it, flop it back and forth, whatever - and my attitude always was - hey, it's his toy he can play with it however he wants.

Except one day. Now I've been a single mom since day one, have made it on my own by working full time and getting reasonable child support from his donor (father seems a bit too familiar, and while he and I were obviously familiar, it took me getting pregnant to truly discover how much of a selfish asshole man he really was. I didn't ask for help from the state, I didn't go on "da welfare", but I did finally accept help with child care in the form of a grant. So my kid went to a great daycare close to my house where I was one of only a handful of single parents that had their kids there.

I went one day to pick him up, and walked at the same time as one of the dads and look around and can't see the boy. I look, I look and still can't find him. I'm about to ask V, the teacher and I hear (and now see) him slowly coming around the 2' high bookcases that line the room. Nothing looks off, yet he's yelling "MOMMY! MOMMY!" And as he comes around the corner in front of me, I realize his pants are around his ankles, which is why he was so slow. "LOOK" He screams. "IT GETS HARD WHEN I PLAY WITH IT" and of course - goes to show me. Needless to say, I stopped him quickly.


Yup. That's my boy. I've never been so mortified in my life, and yet so amused at the same time. Is it evil of me to save this story in my memory bank, not telling him about it until, oh, say - his first date? Prom night? Wedding?

2 comments:

Neurotic Mom said...

OMG lmao thanks for the much needed laugh

Smart Mouth Broad said...

That is priceless! Oh yeah, you definitely have to save that story for some special time in his life so he can fully appreciate it. Oh and for your sake, I hope he never finds out about this blog. LOL