Sunday, February 16, 2014

Gooney Goo Goo?

Books Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. 


Let's go!!!

Books Meme


from Be Your Own Hero  

Book Survey!
  • 1:Favorite children's book- There's a Monster at the End of this Book
  • 2:The last book you've read I'm reading Stephen King's 11/22/63 right now
  • 3:Books on your "to read" list Too many to list - they're all either in eCalibre or on the iPad. 
  • 4:Top 5 authors- James Patterson, David Baldacci, Greg Isles, Harlan Coben, Michael Crichton - and many many more..
  • 5:Favorite genres I love a good mystery!
  • 6:A book that has made you extremely mad I don't think a book has ever made me mad.  That's just silly!
  • 7:A book that you've cried over Oh gosh - there are way too many.  Any Nicholas Sparks book
  • 8:A book that made you laugh out loud - anything by Janet Evanovich
  • 9:Fiction or nonfiction? I'm a fan of the fiction - I read books to escape reality, not immerse myself in it
  • 10:First book you've read by your favorite author  No clue
  • 11:Best book-to-movie adaption Hunger Games
  • 12:Do you read comics/manga?  Nope, but I plan on reading the Walking Dead series, if that matters..
  • 13:Hardcovers or Paperbacks?  I keep hardcovers, give away paperbacks and now just download them onto the iPad.
  • 14:Do you buy books as soon as they come out or wait a while?  Both?
  • 15:Do you buy books spontaneously without any prior knowledge of what happens in it?  Sometimes, if it's an author that I like
  • 16:Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone?  Yes LOL
  • 17:Where do you usually buy your books?  Amazon, Barnes & Noble
  • 18:Book that had a strong impact on you  Darn it - I can't remember the name of it.  But it was a book about God and how he accepts everyone, regardless of what they have done in life, or what they need forgiveness for.  Ahah!  It was called the Shack.  Good message.
  • 19:Historical or science fiction?  Historical
  • 20:Dystopian or Utopian?  Gooney goo goo?
  • 21:Worst book-to-move adaption?  Usually anything of Stephen King's, for some reason they just don't cross over well.
  • 22:Book that should have a movie adaption? Hmmm... I'm not sure. 
  • 23:The first book you've fallen in love with  Shell Seekers, Rosamund Pilcher.  LOVE that book
  • 24:Humor or angst?  oh humor.  
  • 25:How many books do you own?  Are you kidding me?  They're all over my house, I'm not getting up to count.  LOL
  • 26:Do you go the library?  Yep.  I love saving money on books and keeping the library in business.  :)
  • 27:How many books do you read a year?  If I'm into it, and have the time - I've read a book in a couple of days.  So you can count from there.  I'm not going to do it.  
  • 28:Favorite "required reading" book?   Gosh I am such a geek, but I loved my criminal law books. 
  • 29:Favorite quote?  Understanding, compassion, kindness and love are the only true revolutionary ideas.  When we compromise those, we become what we despise and we lose our humanity. 
  • 30:A book you absolutely hate  I don't think I've ever *hated* a book.  I'll tell you what I did hate, though - Kathryn Heigl as Stephanie Plum.  Everyone knows it should have been Sandra Bullock. 

7 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the Stephen King movies being bad--I thought Misery was a fantastic book-to-movie!

K Dubs said...

Oh! Yes!! I will agree with you there. That was fabulous.

CountryDew said...

LOL #30, I agree completely. Sandra would have done that role proud.

You're the second person to mention The Shack, I will have to add it to my list.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Spot on on Sandra!

The Gal Herself said...

Misery, Carrie, Dolores Claborne -- I thought they were all good.

The thing about 11/22/63 I liked was the care he put into the end. King really researched how America would be different if that trip to Dallas had ended differently. He reaches such a mass audience, and I love that he takes that responsibility so seriously.

Stacy said...

It seems Stephanie Plum tickles just about all of our funny bones...and yes, totally should have been Sandy B. I also happen to think The Rock should have been Ranger.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Sandra Bullock fan. Was she asked and turned it down? If she'd have done it, I would have watched the films. Maybe read all the books.