Monday, January 18, 2010

Opinionated? me?

Sprite's Keeper is spinning a new one, this time on opinions.

Growing up, I'm sure I had opinions, but never voiced them much. I had my mother to do that for me - whether it was my opinion or hers. Once I became a mother, it was time to stand up for myself and voice my own. They might not always be the most popular, but they're mine. All mine.

I have lots of opinions. Want to hear some?

If you want to judge me, live a week in my shoes - then we'll talk.

Don't listen to pathological liars and their opinions - usually they're full of shit and 75% of it is made up.

Years ago, when the boy was small I was in a store, and he was acting up. A new mother walked by and said to her infant "YOU'LL never act that way"... I want to say to her now? How's that working for you now? Have you discovered yet that kids are unpredictable? They can say and do things that will just amaze you in one second, but then turn around and be Linda Blair/head spinning/vomit spewing the next.

I was at a restaurant the other night, and it seemed like all of the tables had at least one or two that constantly had their phones out - either texting, FB'ing, tweeting or something. Have we become so dependent on our computers that we can't put that stuff down for an hour and have real, honest to goodness face time with people??

I wish more of my friends could realize that they are a lot stronger than they give themselves credit for.

A sense of security is no reason to put up with shit from anyone.

When your therapist tells you that your girlfriend is a lesbian, that's probably not a good sign (unless you, too, are a lesbian - then you're all set!)..

I might add more later :)

9 comments:

Pseudo said...

I loved your opinion on texting etc. People think moivies like Matrix are so far fetched, but what you described is a step in that direction.

All this technology is for when we can't have face to face. Not in place of it.

cheatymoon said...

Good spin, Kathy. You know how I feel about judgy people. :-)

Mike said...

I agree about the dinner conversation! Everyone just texts texts texts! Drives me crazy.

I donated for Haiti. I saw your post below. It is very tragic.

Unknown said...

Great spin Kathy. I, for one, would not allow someone to answer their phone or text at my table... just saying.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Ooh, I had that exact thing happen at a restaurant this past weekend! Sprite was acting up and a pregnant woman seated about 2 tables over, just glared at her and John as John walked her away. I stared at that woman until she looked back at me and smiled until she looked away. Never in my life did I want to yell out "Forewarning!" more. You're linked! Welcome to the Spin Cycle!

tattytiara said...

Most restaurants you might as well be playing with your phone, since the person you're with is probably watching the omnipresent tv in the corner.

Evenspor said...

So funny. All so true. Welcome to the Spin Cycle.

Laufa said...

Welcome to the Spin!
They phones at the restaurant - that is one of the reasons I gave up my cell a year ago. The kids have DS's and one of the rules for them are not at the dinner table.

Stacy Uncorked said...

The last time we went out to dinner, it drove me nuts to see all the people in the surrounding tables texting or talking on their phones. You're right - are they so addicted they can't put the phone down for even an hour with face-to-face human contact? :) Great Spin! :)