Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


Ooooh - new stuff with the blogs, now I can *see* the picture before posting the blog.  Love it!
Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th.  A great quote I found - You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck

On tap for today?  Sangria - the white one.  Only I couldn't find frozen peaches so I threw in frozen mangos and a couple of fresh peaches cut up.  And 2 bottles of wine.  The container had extra room, what can I say?  LOL  Will get back on how it tastes.   A cookout with some friends.  Maybe some baseball.  More baseball.  We are hosting a local minor-league team's player.  He's awesome - and the boy is loving having a "big brother" around for the summer.   I think tomorrow I will have a cookout.  Invite some friends.  Drink more Sangria.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh, summer.  Gotta love it!

K

3 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Hey. hope you have a lovely sangria filled and baseball enhanced (or baseball filled and sangria enhanced?) holiday.

We are going to NH to lounge by Dan's sister's pool and enjoy cook out. Even boy is coming along. Without protest. Who knew?

Mike said...

I know that I have not been around in a while, but I have been slack on the blogging. I hope that you had a great weekend!

K Dubs said...

A wonderful weekend was had by all. Hope you both had good, drama free ones also! :)