Sunday, July 11, 2010

Random Sunday...

Just some random Sunday thoughts...


I love having the windows open during the summer.  I'd sleep with a fan on me every night if I could - the white noise and blowing air = a great night's sleep.  Usually.  I live in a house with central air.  It's much cooler than a fan.  And when it's humid, like it has been for the past 2 weeks?  A  Godsend.  My son, on the other hand, would live his life in AC.  Where he came from, I don't know.  lol

I had a dream the other night that I was in the hospital for something (not sure - not important to the story) and when I came out of the anesthesia, he told me that #1 he had a girlfriend and #2 she'd just given birth to their baby.  WHAAAAAAAAAAA????????  He's 13.  He hasn't hit puberty yet.  I told him about my dream, and that kids his age were having sex and that if he had any questions about it all, he could ask me.  His response?  "Well this isn't awkward at all!".  Hey - at least I put it out there. 

I decided to give match.com a try.  For the 3 days free.  So I have to remember to cancel it tomorrow or I get charged for 3 months (or 6, I'm not sure which one I clicked).  A lot of people have viewed my profile.  One even contacted me about coffee.  Which wouldn't be bad.  But I viewed his profile, and while he is blind, that's no excuse for having a professional picture taken of yourself wearing the American flag in not only your shirt and shorts, but the cowboy hat to match.  I politely declined.  Which could be one of two things.  Either a sign that I've not yet reached that point of desperation yet, or that I'm too picky.  I'm thinking that it's the former, not the latter. 

I drop the boy off for a week at camp in about an hour.  While I will miss him, the house will be a lot cleaner when he comes home, and I will have had a week of peace.  Both he and my "other" kid will be gone all week.  We're hosting a player for the local minor-league baseball team and they're on a road trip until the 19th.    I'm determined NOT to go food shopping while they're gone.  LOL

Happy Sunday!  I'm off to read my latest book "Eat, Pray, Love" I've been wanting to read it ever since my friend Erin talked about it.  Maybe it'll give me some insight into the meaning of life.  You never know!

Kathy :)

2 comments:

cheatymoon said...

I liked that book. Some people hated it. Oh well.

Glad you have some time to yourself. My boy just left for South Carolina, and I spent the first day cleaning!! And I hear you on the food shopping! (My child, as you might guess, can put away food).

have a great week! xo

Mike said...

He is Blind!!! LMAO! that is kinda funny!

I really like having the windows open and a fan on much more than the air conditioner. I like hearing the sounds outdoors.