Saturday, December 13, 2014

Don't ask me to choose between them, that's like asking me which child I love more.

Feliz Navidad

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Feliz Navidad (1970)

  Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

 






1. "Feliz Navidad" is Spanish for "Merry Christmas." Can you wish us happy holidays in a language other than English or Spanish?
ooooh I speak sarcasm!  Merry Fucking Christmas.  But that's not directed at the collective "you".  That's just in general.  LOL


2. According to ASCAP (the American Association of Composers, Authors and Publishers), this is one of the 20 most played holiday songs of the last 10 years. What's the most recent carol that you heard?

Some country song last night.  But I love "Merry Christmas Baby".  By Bruce, of course.  LOL


3. Which Christmas song do you hope you never hear again?

I actually don't mind them.  My favorite collection, believe it or not, is from Vonda Shephard.  Remember "Ally McBeal"?  It was from the singer on there, and a bunch of other peeps.  It's called "A Very Ally Christmas".  Good selection.  Highly recommend it.  Oh and what I don't listen to?  Psssshhhhh...  Anything by the Biebs.  And I'm not a huge fan of Mariah Carey, either.

4. This week's featured artist, Jose Feliciano, was honored to perform this song at the tree lighting ceremony at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. If you were to win a trip to our nation's capital, which sites would you visit? 

All of 'em.  I've never been!  Driven around it many times on the drive to FL in January that I did many times, but never been through it.  

5. As a very young child, Jose taught himself to play the accordion. If you could suddenly, easily learn to play any instrument, which would you choose?

Guitar.  Chicks with guitars get guys.  I'm single.  Think that'd work?  

6. Jose says that hearing early 1950s rock on the radio made him want to become a singer. What's your favorite music genre?

The 70's.  I'm a huge Jim Croce, Bread, America, Harry Chapin - all that stuff - fan.  We can thank my aunt Harriet for the Bread and America, but I loved Jim Croce all on my own.  LOL  One of my favorites is above.  Enjoy. 

7. At 17, Jose had to drop out of school to help support his family. Too young to enter bars, he played guitar in coffee houses for tips. Have you ever worked a job where you regularly received gratuities?

Shoot, how do you think I get paid now?  I got my corner.  "nuff said.  LMAO

8. Jose and wife Susan have been together for more than 40 years. Who is the happiest married couple you know?

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner.  They're so cute.  Sure, there are people that I personally know that are happy.  But they're not as cute.  Well, maybe Theresa and Dan are, but I'm not putting their picture here.  

9. Jose wrote and performed the theme of the 1970s show, Chico and the Man. What's your current favorite TV show?

Blacklist.  The Walking Dead.   Don't ask me to choose between them, that's like asking me which child I love more.  

9 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I love the Blacklist and resent this nonsense of a winter hiatus. Where is my show???

katie eggeman said...

I agree with Kwiz, I know it is because of Holiday shows, but some like Blacklist left the air a whle ago.

The Gal Herself said...

Love your comment about Ben and Jen because you're right, real people simply aren't that cute.

Smellyann said...

Your answers were so great, loved them. Ben & Jen - so true!! They are adorbs.

Did you check out my Mariah Carey butchering link on my post? Merry fucking Christmas to YOU!! HAHAHAHA

lia said...

I agree, "A Very Ally Christmas" is good. I got it as well as several other tracks by Vonda Shepard after watching an Ally McBeal marathon on Netflix. Love her singing!

Diana_CT said...

A couple of years ago I was in DC and you do not want to go in the summer and walk around, we were roasted.

CountryDew said...

Loved your answers. Jim Croce songs on guitar are wonderful, rather hard to play, though. I think you should pick up a guitar and learn - it's not that difficult. Really.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Definitely do the guitar. Lol! Love your answers every week!

I am Harriet said...

Your sarcastic rendition of Merry Christmas reminds me of South Park. ha ha ha