Here I Go Again
Saturday 9: Here I Go Again (1982)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song originally appeared on Whitesnake's Saints and Sinners album. Are you feeling more saintly or sinful this morning?Neither. I'm not above anyone so much to ever be considered saintly, and my sins are out there for all to see. LOL I feel like me.
2) Whitesnake was formed by Brit David Coverdale, who now lives in Lake Tahoe, NV. Have you ever wanted to relocate to another country?In high school, I had the opportunity to apply to the Goethe Institute in Germany. I kept putting it off and putting it off, because I just had a feeling that if I ever moved there - I'd never come home.
But now? Meh...
3) In the song, Coverdale says he "was born to walk alone." Do you enjoy time on your own? Or do you quickly get bored or lonely?I really enjoy my "alone time". In fact, I'm having some right now! I love getting up early in the morning and having my coffee and having it just be me and the world..
4) During the band's 1980s heyday, Coverdale was known for his skintight leather pants. Do you own leather pants or slacks?
NO. And just an FYI? Don't ever use the words "leather" and "slacks" in the same sentence.
5) What about snakeskin?
Double no. Ew.
6) It's estimated that 20,000 people die of snake bite every year. Approximately 1,000 suffer fatal spider bites. Less than 50 are killed each year by sharks. Considering sharks, spiders and snakes, which do you find scariest?
Spiders freak me the eff out. I know - KNOW I tell you - that if there is one in my bedroom and I go to sleep, it's going to drop down from the ceiling, lay eggs on my face and when I wake up I'm going to scratch my face and thousands of baby spiders are going to scatter. All. Over. My... BED.
7) In 1982, when this song was popular, the world lost Princess Grace of Monaco. Before she became a royal, she was film star Grace Kelly. Have you ever seen a Grace Kelly movie?
I'm sure, I just never kept track. Should I have?
8) Speaking of movies, the top-grossing film of 1982 was ET: The Extra Terrestrial. Have you seen it?
Pshhhhhhhhh... of course. AND I've been on the ride.
9) Random question: How many timepieces will you have to reset when we spring ahead this weekend?
4, I think? I don't wear a watch. So stove, microwave, clock on the wall, and my radio. I think that's it.
My husband brought in a game camera from the woods and opened it in the kitchen, and a slew of little baby spiders went zooming all over the house. Now every winter I have huge wood spiders show up all over the house. We've sprayed and everything and can't get rid of them. Not to reinforce your nightmare or anything .
I bet I won't notice I forgot the microwave until next Wednesday. I mean to catch them all, but I forget the microwave.
Ew... having all baby spiders running around!
I once woke up with a spider running across my face, that was creepy enough.
There's a statistic somewhere about how many spiders a human being consumes while sleeping. It's somewhere around 16. Feels pretty creepy I bet.
I am with you on the alone time thing.
Your spiders-on-the-bed story was ICK!!! omg, now I'm going to have nightmares, hahaha!
Post a Comment