Monday, September 7, 2009

Again, all good things must come to an end....

Ahhhhhhhh summer. For the boy, this means playing outside well after the street lights have come on, learning new skateboard tricks, mysterious bugs that dive-bomb at your head (aka "Mothra"), no responsibilities other than finding clean clothes to wear (ok, maybe that goes for every other day, he is a boy you know)....

He's had a great summer, probably one of his best yet. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that he'd agree with me. He got to spend time with Grandpa (aka "Punky") and Linda, me, his cousins, the ocean, Fenway Park and by himself. :)

For me??? WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! Maybe the house will now stay clean for more than 3 hours LOL Hopefully I'll find the time now to finish some half-done projects like painting the walls. Finding storage solutions (what kind of new-home builder puts in two full baths and NO linen closet??), figure out how the car will get into the garage once the snow starts to fly. I may have to lose the ping-pong table
that still hasn't been used. I think it's fixed now, though. We just haven't tried it.

Maybe I'll make him pancakes for breakfast when he wakes up. Soften the blow a little bit when I remind him that school starts tomorrow. hee hee hee

9 comments:

darsden said...

Oh don't lose the Ping Pong table I love ping pong and I never get to play. I am coming over so we can. Yes, another summer has come and gone and the kids are heading back to school! Insert Matchbox 20 Closing Time right here. Happy Labor Day

K Dubs said...

I hope I won't - but I have a 1 car garage, and it's narrow so either I lose the shelves, or I lose the table. I may see if I can get it upstairs into the rec room. That might work :)
And good song choice! I like it! Happy Labor Day to you, too :)

cheatymoon said...

Ping pong is my favorite.

Love the photo.

Happy back to school, Josh!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Do I detect an evil grin with that hee, hee, hee?

Smart Mouth Broad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K Dubs said...

Heck yeah!!! LOL

He's out like a light now. I think he's a little nervous, too. Backpack and clothes all set out.

Twenty Four At Heart said...

School starts here on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to the more rigid routine, but I am looking forward to some time to myself ... and as you said - the possibility of the house staying clean for a few minutes at a time!

Unknown said...

We all need a break now and then and you mothers only get a bit during school. I so remember feeling the same way!

Kimberly said...

So sad when summer ends. Come back!