Sunday, October 25, 2009

And so it begins.....

The boy is 13 today. My baby. I have found that the odd years are strangely better than the even. Let's hope that continues. So far today? Not so much. He woke me up at 8:30, wanting to know if he can open his present(s) and eat cake NOW.. now now now now now now NOW! .... Um. NO. After dinner. Which started the waterworks (fake, but still there). Seriously? And last week he went to school on Monday and was out for the rest of the week due to the flu - I think something like 40-50% of kids were out, so school was canceled. Luckily we've both stayed healthy, whew! But in that week, he's chosen to play on the computer, out with his friends and not do any of the homework he's behind on. So today, when I printed out all the logs and sent him to work on them - he pitched a fit. "It's MY BIRTHDAY.. wahhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh". HE chose not to do this stuff all week, and I'm supposed to feel bad about his choices? Not so much. Yesterday was mine and I spent it making HIS cake. No sympathy from me. LOL Ahhhhh parenting. Gotta love it.
Now he's going to try and do everything he can to get out of doing it. He didn't want a party, but now he wants to invite the neighborhood kids for cake. I already told him not to expect presents from them if he does - and to just enjoy the time with them. He just doesn't get it. Arrgh.

Work this week was interesting. There's some weird mojo going on, I can't put my finger on it - but it's there.

Hope everyone else had a good week and is healthy!

10 comments:

Suyfun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K Dubs said...

because I understand Greek, Suyfun??

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Happy birthday to the boy! Be strong, my friend. You're doing the right thing. He'll thank you for it someday, right?

K Dubs said...

oh goodness SMB, I hope so!!

cheatymoon said...

Happy B.day to your baby boy. It goes by soooo fast, eh?

I fight that homework battle all the time. Constantly. I took the laptop away the other day (he has a school-supplied laptop) because he was using it for socializing (did you know that people used computers for SOCIALIZING?) instead of checking his teachers' blogs for homework assignments.

I know this because he teachers' homework blogs are all in my google reader. (You know, cos google reader is where I keep track of MY social life.)

Anyway. I know your pain.

Wish we lived closer to you so we could bring you presents and eat your cake.

xxoo

Cristin said...

Happy Birthday to the boy! Hope he does his effing homework!

Mike said...

If I read that right, then I must say happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!

Pseudo said...

Happy Birthdays! Did I readit right, your birthday is the day before the Boy's?

Wishing a homework done birthday ; - )

K Dubs said...

Yes, mine was yesterday :) Thanks! Mine is no longer an event, I usually spend it making a cake for the boy and shopping for him. Mine stopped being about me 13 years ago LOL

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your 13 year old. And I agree with SMB, he'll thank you someday for making him realize his responsibilities today.