Monday, February 15, 2010

I'll admit it, I've been negligent..

in my blogging. But geez luiz - I've been busy!
I'm almost done with my Marketing class - and have a solid C in it. Normally, I'd be pissed, but really it's what I deserve. I haven't put in the effort required for a higher grade, so I'll take it. After this is done, I have 5 classes left to graduate. They've been phasing out the paralegal program and the classes to choose from are slim pickings. I thought I'd be able to graduate in December, but one class isn't offered until then, so it looks like May of next year. Which is fine, because I'm not looking forward to paying back the $40K+ in student loans. Yuck.
My credit rating has jumped since I bought my house a year ago. That's what paying bills on time does, woot! I'm dumping the credit card that was the only one I could get and getting a new and improved one that will transfer the balance and drop the interest rate about 25 points. Stupid credit cards. I love my credit union.

The boy is doing so much better in school - he's finally *got it* that there is a direct correlation between doing his homework and getting better grades. And he likes it that he gets $20 an A, $10 for a B and $5 for C's (in his core classes - I'm certainly not paying $20 for an A in gym lol). I think he's finally finding his groove. For the first time since 1st grade, though - he doesn't want to play baseball. I'm crushed! I love baseball. I love little league. His coach last year was such an asshole, though - that he wants to take a break. :( Maybe next year. Now we have soccer to look forward to.

Kim starts her heavy duty chemo tomorrow. Then a 3 week break, another dose, 3 week break and then the last dose. Then a PET scan and hopefully cancer free.

I have a day off and NOTHING to do. I could paint - I still have many white walls. I could catch up on Gray's Anatomy - I have about 12 to watch. I could finish my book (the latest paperback by Sandra Brown - it's good). Or do nothing. I haven't figured out which direction I'm heading in. Yet. LOL

Happy Monday!!

3 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Damn, today would be a good day to take Kathy out for coffee. Why did you move so far away? :-)

I think I am graduating next May too!! Woot woooooot. Finally.

Give Kim a big squishy hug for me.

Michelle said...

We are working on the do your homework get better grades thing too. So far the boys aren't getting it.

K Dubs said...

Today would have been a GREAT day for coffee, Erin. And yeah. About that move. LOL :) It's so great to see a light at the end of the tunnel, just not looking forward to paying back the student loans. Yikes. I will do that with Kim. And Michelle - reward, reward, reward. Short term, until they can grasp the whole long term concept. Josh is JUST starting to finally get it and he's 13.