Saturday, August 3, 2013

Why did they always have to end with "Stairway to Heaven"?


Thanks to Cie for recommending the Monkees
1) This song is about a guy who fell in love when he saw her face. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Wait... have you seen my secret service hunka-hunka of burnin love?  I saw him from a distance when Obama came to Michigan before he was elected the first time.  I fell in love.  Oh man... did I fall in love.  Here, look for yourself!  I could get lost in those dimples..
 
2) "I'm a Believer" is the best-selling Monkees song. Can you name another one?
"Last Train to Clarksville"... come on now, the Monkees was one of my favorite shows growing up.  I was going to marry Davy Jones.  I didn't care if he was too old for me.  
3) On their TV show, the boys competed for the same girl. Have you and a friend ever been romantic rivals?
muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa  that's some funny shit right there...  No.
4) In another episode, the Monkees visited the circus. If you were confident there was a good strong net beneath you, would you walk across the high wire?
Hells NO..  I'd just jump, because that's where I'd end up anyway!
5) The Monkees show originally aired on Monday nights. Do you have a favorite day of the week?
Friday.  Friday.  Friday.  Makes me feel silly.  I even call it a sexy beast and try and kiss it..
6) Davy Jones guest starred on an episode of The Brady Bunch. The plot revolved around Marcia's efforts to get him to perform at the prom. Share one of your memories from a school dance.
Why did they always have to end with "Stairway to Heaven"?  Come on now.  That was just dumb.  Stupid CYO dances.  I don't know why we ever went to begin with.  Thanks, now you've brought back all that 15 year old angst.  Plus, Marty the basketball coach's sister was usually there and she always tried to beat me up.  Thanks.  Thanks for that. 
  
7) At the height of their popularity, the Monkees' faces and logo appeared on a lot of merchandise, including lunch boxes. Which would you rather have for lunch -- chicken salad, tuna salad or egg salad?
mmmmmm tuna and egg together!  But the egg salad needs to be warm, and the tuna cold.  Brings me right back to 90 Ellis.  Damn.  I miss Harriet. 
8) You have an afternoon all to yourself. Would you rather spend it at the mall, checking out what's new in the stores and people watching, or walking through the forest, observing the birds and trees and leaves?
What am I, a tree hugger?  Plus there's bugs and shit in the forest, and the birds shit on your head.  I'd rather sit my ass on the beach and catch a tan.  Why isn't that one of the options?  
9) Do you have a good memory for names?
No, but phone numbers?  I remember those from years ago.  Shit.  I just forgot my aunt Chummy's.  I'd had it memorized forever.  LOL

10 comments:

katie eggeman said...

The SS man is to die for....

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

"Last Train" turned me on to the Monkees! Although it was a rip of "Paperback Writer" I still lovedit...

Diana_CT said...

I'm like you with high school dances, they weren't that great.

Kwizgiver said...

We had live bands play at our dances but they weren't always great.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh man, he's yummy! Isn't it funny how we can remember numbers from long ago. I don't know ANY numbers now since they are in my cell phone, but I can remember my best friend's parents' number from 20+ years ago. That's evolution I think! :)

Anonymous said...

The bugs can keep their forest. I'll stay out of it and they can stay out of my house.

Kelly said...

Thanks, Kathy...I really, REALLY needed to laugh right now like I did reading your answers! You're a Godsend!

I'm really good with numbers, too. Phone number, birthdays, social security numbers (unless we're talking about my kids' SS #s, because those I can NEVER remember)...I'm a numbers person.

Thanks again for the laugh, and have a great Saturday!!

I am Harriet said...

Crap, I'm here...
I went to BlogHer in Chicago last weekend and forgot my computer cord. Duh. I was forced to use my phone for internet...probably not a totally bad thing...

The Gal Herself said...

Now that you can program numbers into a cell phone, I guess remembering them is less important than ever.

**** April **** said...

that...
guy...
is..
HAWT!