The Fast Dozen Meme
- What is the last book that you passed on to someone else to read?I actually gave someone my favorite book to read. She was in a rough place, and just needed a book to escape and I gave her that one. Shell Seekers, Rosamund Pilcher. Not sure why it's my favorite, I just know that it was a great love story and I never wanted it to end. I need to buy myself another copy. :)
- The one song you secretly or not so secretly want to sing at karaoke?Um. Yeah. Karaoke? Me? Not friends. You want to scare innocent women and children? Make grown men cry? Put me up on the stage.
- If you had to pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?I actually do have a couple of alter-egos, facebook profiles, emails, etc. - but if I tell you who they are, I'd have to kill you. It's nice to be anonymous sometimes, and lets just leave it at that, K? :)
- What do you wish your administrator or boss would notice?Oh she knows... she knows... I wish my potential boss' would notice that I'm really fucking smart, and that I know shit. I love knowing shit. And if I don't know shit? I can usually find it out.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
People that don't pick on people their own size. Or pick on people that won't/can't fight back.
- What holds you back in pursuing your biggest dream?Time and money, baby. Time and money.
- Why do you think you are a lovable person?Pffffffffffffft! I don't think it, I KNOW it! And the more people that know it? The better. And tell your single guy friends - you know, the ones over 40 that have a spine, job and don't live with mommy? Oh and make sure you tell them I can cook. Oh, can I cook.
- If every day had an extra hour in it, what would you do with it?Sleep. And then get up and sleep some more.
- The last song you turned up in your car or house was?There are a few songs that I can't listen to on low volume. I will deliberately hit "ignore" on my phone if I'm in the car and one of these songs comes on.
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
ZZ Top - LaGrange
Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter or Sympathy for the Devil
A few Van Morrison, Bread and Springsteen songs. But those above? Every. Time. Every one.
- What is a secret talent you may have?What are you , the judge of secret talents? I KNOW I have a secret talent. I can roll my tongue. I can lift one eyebrow and look at you like "whatchootalkinaboutwillis" and last, but certainly not least I can drink a beer without using my hands. So take THAT Missy Miss. Oh, and the lifting of the one eyebrow? That's only in the past 15 years or so. The left side of my face doesn't work 100%, I had Bell's Palsy twice, and it has rendered me to a lifetime of "I'm sorry, the left side doesn't work so well" and what looks to be a dead eye in pictures. Which is why I really REALLY hate having my picture taken. Oh yeah - that's me. The one with the 12 chins and the dead eye..
- Your favorite thing to do outside when it's not too cold out in the winter?Go for a walk. I used to think I'd go skiing when it warmed up but damn, my hips and knees aren't what they used to be. LMAO
- How do you respond if someone asks you an inappropriate or nosy question? When I was younger and the left side worked, and I was uber skinny - men would often ask my breasts questions (obviously before they were chopped in half - see? I showed THOSE puppies who was boss!).. Anyway... Men would stare at them and ask me questions. I remedied that very quickly by leaning over and talking to their crotch. Yes, I really did. LOL And if someone asks me more than twice what my name is? My standard response is "Ingrid". Shall I go on? LOLOL
Those are some awesome secret talents.
I love your music choices especially "Sympathy for the Devil." Oh those bongos just do it for me very damn time.
:) I love my not-so secret talents sometimes LOL And Tina Louise - aren't they just awesome - tell me you can't just turn it up when those come on!
Oh, it's been years since I read the Shell Seekers. I should read it again. I remember falling in love with the detail...it was so rich it was like being there in the story.
I'm with Stacy, I haven't read the Shell Seekers in too long, I must remedy that!
You sound like a real pistol. Love your music choices. I can roll my tongue too. But I can't wiggle my ears.
Let's all read it again together! And Dew - I can't wiggle my ears either. My mother could, and I guess that's one thing she didn't pass on to her kids.
I agree that sometimes it is nice to be anonymous
Post a Comment