Saturday, November 28, 2009

Giving thanks....

Ok, a bit late. But it's never too late to give thanks, right?

I'm thankful for my family. I miss (most of) them like hell, but they also understood why I was moving to Michigan - that my son was more important than anything else, and giving him a better life was the key.

I'm thankful for the opportunities that I've been given here. I live in a brand new house in a brand new neighborhood with a ton of kids. I can let my son run around until 9:00 at night, and plastic guns to the face aside - know that he's safe and I don't need to worry about him.

I'm thankful I have a job. It may not be my ideal job, with ideal people, but it's a job. I have the ability to rise above the petty bullshit that I have to deal with and go in and do my job. I also have opportunities to leave that job, and I'll be thankful if one of them works out :) But if not, I still have a job, unlike so many people right now - and for that, I'm thankful and appreciate what I have.

I'm thankful for my friends. Near AND far. They have proven to be a source of support that is immeasurable. It really is true that friends are the family you choose for yourself.

I'm thankful for the miracles of modern medicine. Kim faces a tough road ahead, but she too has the support of many. More than I could ever gather together, that's for sure! Her cancer was caught early, and her prognosis is excellent. Fingers crossed for good results of her PET scan next week, hopefully that nasty bitch cancer hasn't gone anywhere else.

I'm thankful for my sense of humor. Without it, I think that sometimes I would have gone nuts.

I'm thankful because this blog has allowed me to post things that I couldn't or wouldn't say anywhere else, and there isn't anyone to judge. If someone doesn't like what I say - they just don't comment. Or I can delete it. LOL It's opened up whole new worlds for me, and introduced me to many people that I otherwise wouldn't have met - and I'm thankful for each and every one of you!!

Ahhhhhhhh and last, but not least. The boy. He is my reason for getting up each day, going to that job and paying the bills. He has the best sense of humor, is some day going to do exactly what he wants to do - because we live in a country that allows him that. For which I'm thankful :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I cooked a 17 lb. bird for 4 people. I have turkey coming out my ears. Anyone want some? LOL

8 comments:

Beth said...

You have awesome thankfulness skills! Great perspective, too.

Pseudo said...

Wonderful thankfullness Kathy. Happy thanksgiving to you and the Boy.

cheatymoon said...

Hoping the rest of your weekend is going well.

cheatymoon said...

ooops, hit post to soon. xoxoxoxo.
Great post, Ms. Kathy.

K Dubs said...

Thanks Beth, Pseudo and Movie! We're off to a hockey game this evening. I feel like we haven't left the house in 3 days. Wait. We haven't left the house in 3 days. LOL

Mike said...

Happy Thanksgiving late!

I hope that your friend has more positive results!

You have a great outlook!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

You've got a lot to be thankful for. Great reminder to us all to be grateful. I hope your friend's Pet scan come out clean. I cooked a 26 lb bird for 12 people. And it's all gone. I was kinda looking forward to some turkey tettrazini.

Kimberly said...

Never too lat to be thankful.