Friday, February 24, 2012

My day today...

So far?

So far I’ve filled tray #1. Stamped yesterday’s mail. Dropped off today’s mail.  There may be some mail up on the counter waiting for me to come and stamp it.

Listed my "old" Kitchen Aid on Craigslist for $175 (that’s a good deal, isn’t it?)  I got  a brand spankin' new one last weekend in a silent auction.  It's pink.  I like pink. 

Now I’m debating what to update my facebook status to.

Not sure if I've posted about this, but in October I stopped paying my mortgage.  My payment was raised to such an amount because of an escrow shortage that I couldn't afford it.  I'd been asking to refinance for almost a year, and because I hadn't graduated and the big "we don't know how much your student loan payment is going to be" - they wouldn't do it.  But get this - if I'd gone to law school and deferred the loans for another 3 years?  Then they would have. 
Anyway.  I applied for a modification because it was just too much.  They said no.  Apparently I had $36/month extra.  Really?  Where's that?  I was also told that it'd be easier to get approved if I was 60 days behind.
So I just kept paying it late.  Then applied for another modification.  They said no.  Apparently I wasn't behind enough.   Now I'm told I need to be 90 days late for Rural Development (USDA - who the loan is through) to approve it.  Mind you - at this point, I'm like 82 days late? 
So I stop paying it. 
I continue to pay my other bills.  They're not late.  They're all caught up now!  Because when you stop paying your mortgage - you have ALL sorts of money that you can pay stuff with.  Who knew?
Anyway.... Yesterday?  I get a call from the bank.  Apparently, they've approved my THIRD request for modification.  They waive all late fees.  I get a 3.75% interest rate instead of the 6.25 that I had.  My payment goes down $300.  Yup.  $300.00.  Isn't that fabulous?  It's too bad that it only took four months of NOT paying it to get them to work with me.  And people wonder what's wrong with the banking system? 

Now, because it's not going into foreclosure?  I have to finish painting.  Dammit.  LOL

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Erin said...

So happy for you on the loan modification. xoxoxo

I was just thinking about how that was going. I love how that works out.