1) This song encourages us to "stick to the rivers and lakes you're used to." What body of water is nearest your home -- pond, lake, river, gulf or sea?
I am within a mile or so of Gull Lake. *The* premiere all sports lake in SW Michigan, I'll have you know. The view below is from where I used to live, on the shores of that lake. Sigh.... I miss when I was rich.
2) Have you ever visited a waterfall? If so, please tell us about it.
This is me and my ex bf. We were on a hike, in Alaska (yes, Alaska)- that was supposed to be like 1/2 mile, I think? Three hours and I don't know how far we hiked - we got to this waterfall. We continued the hike up to the lake it came from. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Sigh... I miss when I was rich (really it was him, but hey - whats yours is mine and mine is yours, right? LOL)
Here - take a look-see
3) This song is from a CD entitled CrazySexyCool. Which word best describes how you feel today: Crazy, sexy or cool?
Yanno...I'm always crazy sexy AND cool. Haven't you realized that about me yet? Silly peeps...
4) The girls in TLC originally began hanging around together in an Atlanta-area hair salon. When did you last sit in a stylist's chair?My girl Angie takes care of my hair on a regular basis. She's awesome!
5) While she she spent her adolescence in Atlanta, bandmember Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins was born in Des Moines. Do you live in or near the town where you were born?Nope. 854 miles away, according to Google maps.
6) One of T-Boz' recent public appearances was on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Do you watch any of the popular Bravo Real Housewives shows?I used to watch the Beverly Hills one, and then I realized that they are all really really dumb. Except Lisa - she's smart, that one. And it made me sad. They're all ridiculously rich. Sigh... I miss when I was rich.
7) In the 1990s, band member Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was romantically involved with an Atlanta Falcons football player. They shared his upscale, two-story mansion. How would you describe your abode (house, cottage, apartment, condo, studio, etc.)?Well, it's definitely NOT the one on the premiere sports lake of Gull Lake - which he bought when we were together (I actually picked it out, decorated, all that) - that one cost $1M plus. Here's mine - It started like this:
No lake, but a community pool. No basement (that was too expensive). Cost? Under $130K. And means so more to me than that $1M plus house on the lake. Why? Because *I* bought this. Me. All me. My money, my sweat, my tears - all that. ME. Oh yeah - and at this point? I don't miss when I was rich that much. It wasn't worth the fake friends, the back-stabbing, the paranoia - none of that. People think it'd be awesome to be rich. Not so much. Although, I didn't let it change me. What I do miss about it? Knowing that the bills were paid every month - no robbing from Peter to pay Paul. No skipping because you need food instead. All that.
8) Ms. Lopes was accused of arson when, after the couple argued, that mansion happened to burn down. When was the last time you lost your temper? How did you express your anger? (If it was with a criminal act, you may wish to keep it to yourself.) I'm sorry - have you READ my blog? LOL This is where I let all that anger out. Oh, and I went and saw the therapist that myself and the ex bf mentioned above went to see (loved him that much)... He said #1 - I'm NOT crazy. #2 - my family is beyond fucked up and his major question is WHY would people treat you that way? and #3 - he also agreed that because of the on-going contact that I have to have with the boy's sperm donor that I have the right to continue to be angry. And poke. Well, not like he gave me a blanket OK to poke, but I think you get it. LOL It really isn't me. It's them.
9) Today the third member of TLC, Chilli, designs personalized handbags. They cost about $225 each. What's the most expensive thing you have bought recently?
Hmmmm... I certainly don't spend money like I used to. I was addicted to the online Coach outlet for a bit. But I really really needed a new purse. LOL I'd probably say my Jeep - that's the most expensive thing I've bought lately. I don't make big huge purchases any more. Not that I did then, either (you know - when I was rich). But I drove a Land Rover LR3 - that was pretty sweet. I miss the cooler in the middle console. That was a $55K purchase. Yeah. Cash. I like my $6K Jeep better though. :) Because *I* bought it.