Sunday, May 4, 2014

The one where LOST gets a mulligan..

Click ---> here to play along!


From TV Tuesday a now-defunct blog. The link is broken.

TV Meme, parts one and two (OK I missed part I last week, so I will do the whole damn thing LOL)
1. TV Theme songs. Which is your favorite, and which makes you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote? 
I like the one to Big Bang Theory, and I don't know - if I don't like something, I just fast forward through it - I <3 dvr="" font="" my="">

2. The Classics. What is your favorite Classic TV show? 
oh my goodness - I named my Jeep after her!  I Love Lucy!  LOVE LOVE LOVE that show.  :)

3. What character from a Classic TV show would you like to be?
Lucy.  Because you know - oh Luceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ju got some 'splainin to do!!!  LOL

4. Can you remember a line you liked from a Classic TV show?
See #3

5. Heroes. What show featuring those who protect your country (fiction or non-fiction) is your favorite?
M*A*S*H*  Seriously.  Loved that show.

6. TV Cops. Who is your favorite (past or present) TV cop? Which TV cop do you think was the most crooked, or the most inept?
NYPD Blue was one of my favorite shows.  Andy Sipowicz.  He was the balls.  And really - I don't need a TV cop to show me how to be an asshole.  I have real life for that.  And oh, I'd like to apologize to the citizens of Massachusetts this week.  I'm sure he wasn't pleasant to deal with.  BUT - I'm determined to help at least one person with a "get out of jail free" card - or at least a ticket.  LOL  If you get pulled over by anyone named Fay - just ask him how his youngest son is.  He'll run away so fast..  LOL

7. You need to hire a bodyguard for yourself. Which TV cop do you choose?
Um, DUH....  Sam Hannah.  Silly.  

  

8. TV Doctors. Which TV doctor would you choose to remove your appendix? Which TV doctor would you not let touch you with a 10- foot pole?
I would love to say McDreamy, but his specialty is Neurosurgery, so I'd go with his wife.  She'd do a bang up job.  And hmm.... I don't know
9. TV Moms. Which TV mom would you have liked to have had for your own? Is there a TV mom you would never want as your own?
OMG - I would so have been a great kid on One Day at a Time, Eight is Enough or even the Partridge Family.  And never want?  Carol Brady.  There was something weird going on in that house.  Did she work?  Or was Alice just in charge all the time?

10. TV Dads. Which TV Dad would you have most liked to have for your own dad? On the flipside, who was the TV Dad you’d have least liked to have had?

11. Comedies. How do you feel about sitcoms? Good, wholesome fun or saccharine inanity?  Love em?  I'd rather watch a good sitcom over reality TV any day.  I was just thinking about this the other day, there are a LOT more sitcoms on than there were just a few years ago - it's nice to see they're making a comeback.  And I highly recommend "About a Boy" and it's follow up "Growing up Fisher".  LOL
12. If your life was a sitcom, what would the title be?
"You did WHAT?"

13. If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage?
Sure, why not?

14. Reality. Are you a fan of Reality TV? What’s your “can’t miss” reality TV show (or shows), or what reality TV show do you suppose the devil plays on the TV in Hell as punishment?
I like the Voice, and I love the judging trio on American Idol.  I would bet it would play something like Jon and Kate make 8 or whatever show that was.  LOL

15. If you were given a free ticket to be on any reality show, which one would you choose?
Survivor.  Worst case scenario?  I'm flown halfway around the world for a couple of days.  I love to travel.


16. Talk Shows. Do you watch daytime talk TV? If so, do you prefer the calm shows like Oprah or the wilder side like Jerry Springer?
I've been to the Oprah show twice, and wouldn't find myself caught dead in a Springer audience.  LOL  Ooooh, just answering the next question - I'd love to see the Carol Burnett show come back with someone like Melissa McCarthy.  That would be a freaking hoot!

17. Which daytime talk TV show would you like to be on? What would the topic be?
My favorite Oprah show that I went to was the one with Jim Carrey, Steve Carrell and Carol Burnett.   That was cool!

18. Before talk TV took over game shows ruled the airways during the day, which do you prefer? Or are you a soap opera fan?
I used to love Days of Our Lives, but have gotten so far away from it that I probably wouldn't recognize anyone.  The soap operas of days gone by are no more.  Now they have to be all politically correct and make statements about present-day shit.  No more having the biggest problem be who is pregnant and by who.  LOL

19. Is there a game show (past or present) you think you would do really well on, as a contestant?
Wheel of Fortune or The Price is Right.

20. Who is your favorite game show host? Who is your least favorite?
No clue.  Look - I work full time for a living, I don't have time for game shows.  LOL  I really like the Nightly News with Brian Williams.  He's hawt.  See?

 
21. Marathons. Have you watched any TV marathons? In part? In whole? Is there a show you’d like to see run an all day marathon? On the flipside is there a show you’d avoid in marathon?  Seriously.  I work full time.  I don't have time for all day Marathons.  Although, catching up to the Walking Dead was pretty much a marathon.  LOL 22. Out of curiosity, what’s the longest you’ve ever watched TV in one stretch?
8 Hours - but with a nap? 

23. On the whole do you feel most Special Reports are really that special? Or are they simply annoying? What special report has effected you most? (IE: (9/11, Reagan being shot…etc)
Oh wow - 9/11.  Absolutely.  And Nixon resigning.  I remember my father making us sit and watch it because it was so historical - and us as kids not realizing it at the time. 

24. What is the (pick one: stupidest, saddest, silliest, most disgusting..) thing you’ve ever seen on TV?
The Dating Game.  LOL

25. What’s your fondest memory of something on TV?
really?  who has *fond* memories of TV?  I'll just go with any of the Hallmark movies.  I cried at "Lassie Comes Home".  You figure it out. 

26. What’s the first show you remember watching regularly?
Sesame Street

27. What shows would make up a perfect night of TV viewing for you?
The Walking Dead, Blacklist, and for a little levity - House Hunters International.  Or Living Alaska. 

28. You get to create one show to put on the schedule, with any stars you choose. Who and what would it be?
Melissa and Kathy show.  Me.  Melissa McCarthy.  "nuff said. 

29. Canceling or Not. What show(s) would you cancel without a moment’s hesitation? Is there a show (previously canceled or just no longer airing) that you’d bring back, original cast and all?
I'd cancel any of the Real Housewives shows, those are just ridiculous.  I'd bring back LOST.  Get rid of that stupid ending.  Explore the DHARMA Initiative more.  I know there were more stations on that Island. 

30. What’s the best series finale you remember?
I loved M*A*S*H*.  I loved the finale, hated that it was ending. 

4 comments:

Stacy said...

The "Big Bang Theory" theme song is the general ringtone on my phone. It's a good one.

You've been to the Oprah show twice? Were you lucky enough to be there on one of the days when she gave a ton of stuff away? That's the day I'd want to be there. lol

Kwizgiver said...

I would have enjoyed a taping of Oprah.

I am Harriet said...

Melissa and Kathy would certainly be better than most anything else on network TV

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I so totally agree. Bring back LOST! And M*ASH! Of course I'd still have to wait for them.