Sunday, May 25, 2014

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy....

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's meme. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme. 
Let's go!!!


Random XV


From: That Forthright Girl  

1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet? 
I have UGGS that are probably 10 years old?  They have lasted me well, and are worth the money.  I will probably replace them this year. 
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
Did you just call me fat?  WTF?  Don't you judge me.  If I got girl scout cookies and ate the whole damn box, what is it to you?  Sheeeshh... the nerve of some people..

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? 
No, but I can do the bump like nobody's business
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager? 
Yes, it wasn't until my 20's that shit started to get realz..

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
I actually made a list of ones that I wanted to see.  So far?  Dallas Buyers Club.  It was good.  Jared Leto?  Holy shit he deserved that award.  So did Matthew. 


6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself? 
OK, let's think about this question.  If "YOU'RE" going to have it done?  How is it easier to watch someone else having a procedure that YOU are going to have?  Lets take some ownership here.  Really.  I had blood drawn yesterday.  Fasting labs.  She almost spilled the coffee I brought with me.  I told her if she did, we'd have a throw down.  She laughed and handed me the cup once she got the tube for the fasting labs.   I told her that I loved her.  In a non-sexual way, of course. 

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why? 
Each one that I wake up.  I get another chance to make it right.  :)

8. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received??
Well, we all know the worst (stupid Jens) but the nicest?  Lately?  A man got on the elevator with me at work, and told me as he was getting off that it was nice to have ridden the elevator with a pretty lady.  Now mind you, he could have been blind in one eye and couldn't see out of the other - but shit - I'll take it!  LOL


9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
No.  Should they?  I worked in an ER for over 15 years as a secretary/clerk.  I've seen so much *stuff* it's crazy - blood, guts, gunshot wounds, abused kids, you name it.  And the one thing that I almost lost my shit on?  A guy having the packing removed from a broken nose.  For some reason - that stuff makes me just want to hurl.  Snot rockets?  I want to puke even writing it. 

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
Probably Home Depot or Lowes.  LOL Yeah, I'm a home owner. 


11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items? Now, this question confuddles me.  I really like Yoplait yogurts, but if Chobani is on sale, I'm on it like a cheap suit.  And what if I'm true to a brand, and then it goes out of business?  Does that mean we've broken up?  Or that we're cancelled - like one of my favorite shows, Revolution? - those BASTARDS!  There are certain things I won't buy generic brands of, but one brand?  I am so not a one brand kind of gal.  Wait.  Maybe that's why I'm still single?  LOL 

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels? You keep saying this word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

13. What’s one thing you’re deeply proud of — but would never put on your résumé? Graduating college with my Bachelors, and a 3.4 GPA as a single mom, working full time.  Take THAT, Mr. Man.  And then, let's discuss what that $60K in student loans and degree have done for me.  Yeah.  That's right.  Squat.  I work as a secretary.  Not a paralegal.  I make more money as a secretary - believe it or not. 

14. What’s the most out-of-character choice you’ve ever made? 
What do you know about my character?  Who told you?  What did they say?  

15. What’s your personal anthem or theme song?
God is great, Beer is good, people are crazy :)

6 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

"Revolution" was a great show. There are people organizing on line to bring it to another network. I loved "Almost Human" as well, but "Revolution" was the best!

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, I should edit my compliment, you just reminded me that the gas station attendant told me my car smelled good. New air freshener did its job.

katie eggeman said...

I hate that my girls have student loans they are still paying...employment needs to get better.

CountryDew said...

I used to work as a legal secretary, a very long time ago. Back then paralegals made more but I think now they don't. Of course, we also don't have many legal secretary jobs in my area anymore. The younger attorneys just type up their own pleadings.

I am Harriet said...

I'm a total Uggs ho. There is nothing better in the winter.

Helena said...

LoL.....number took me straight back to the 70's where I 'bumping' away to the Bay City Rollers!

Jared Leto is a great young actor. I hardly recognised in Chapter 27.