So the house is done. And Wells Fargo - who gave the developer the OK to go ahead and build the house, me to put the land into my name, etc. etc. etc. decided last week that they're not so sure they they want to give me a mortgage. I'm supposed to close WEDNESDAY. And move on SATURDAY (the 11th). The house I'm renting is going to be re-rented as of the 15th.
So Wells passed my file off to another bank, and I'm waiting for the underwriters to get back to me. If they say no, I'm screwed. Wells still claims that "they're working on it" - but I think they're dragging their feet hoping that the other bank will pick it up.
Seriously? This is just bullshit. What a week. And sleep? What's that?