Sunday, May 3, 2009

Arrrgh....

So life is good. I have a job I love, my house is great and I pay my mortgage every month on time, the boy is doing better in school - all is well, right? Yeah.
Let me tell you a tale...

Last week, the boy got hit by a pitch. Thrown by one of the FFW's kids (you can read about her here). I would hope that it wasn't on purpose, and I would really hope that her laughing afterward was for something else, and not because my kid got hit. I tell him that it wasn't on purpose, way to take one for the team, all that - blow it off.

Then yesterday. A kid that is friends with the FFW's middle child (and on the same team as the boy) says something to the boy during practice about how he has "nice catcher's gear, did your mom buy that with money she stole from Theo?".... His response was "uh, NO - it was a Christmas gift".

WHAT??? HUH????? What the FUCK has this kid been told for him to say that to mine?
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? This is beyond ridiculous. It's blatant bullshit. And I went to the coach about it - because teammates should be respectful toward each other, not this crap. And he tells me that he heard something said about the FFW's kid trying to hit the boy while he was pitching - BEFORE he hit him.

Needless to say? I'm not happy about it, and need to step back and figure out how to deal with this without making myself look like the crazy person here.

Seriously?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What happened to good sportsmanship! You go girl... but calm down first!

Left something for you on my post today; hop over and pick it up when you have time.

Jane

K Dubs said...

I wish I were kidding.. grrrr

And I'm calm - I have a call into the kid that said it's parents, and will discuss what was said only - nothing about the FFW or Fuckwit (who I don't think they even know). I'm going to make it clear that statements like that are not OK and that they need to nip it in the bud now. I'm also debating sending a "cease and desist" letter to the FFW because this is slander in it's finest form.
Gaston, something? for me? say it isn't so! LOL Heading over shortly :)

K Dubs said...

just to clarify - the parents know the FFW because the kids have played on the same team for a couple of years and they're on the same travel ball team. I don't think the parents know the fuckwit.

Pseudo said...

Ug. Did not realize the ex and all this shit lived in the same town. Double ug.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a tough one.

Good luck.