Friday, January 13, 2012

What I've done so far today....

yep.  tax dollars once again hard at work.

8:15 - I arrive.  Hey, it was snowing, don't give me any shit.

8:30 - I check tray #1 on the copier.  Horrors!  It's empty.  I fill it.  And then check on tray #2.  It's ok. 

8:40 - I change the date on the date stamp.

8:41 - ate the rest of my delightful blueberry scone from Panera Bread.  It was free with my points or whatever they do.  Free.  I love free.

8:42 - 9:45 - check Facebook.  Weather.  Road conditions.  Emails.  Tempted to look for jobs, but decide that maybe that wouldn't be right. 

9:45 - bring mail over to baskets.  Check for faxes.  There's one.  I paperclip it and put it into the right mail slot. 

9:50 - 11:15 - check Facebook.  Weather.  Road conditions.  Emails.  Wonder what was in frozen container that I brought for lunch.  Hope it's something good. 

11:20 - open and date stamp mail.  Put into correct mail slots.  Whoops - another fax came in.  Take care of that.

11:55 - OK, I've waited long enough.  What is in this container??   Ooooh roasted butternut squash and chicken soup.  Deeeeeeelightful!    Now I'm on lunch for an hour.  What to do.. what to do...  OK, I'll read my book.

1:00 - interoffice mail has arrived.  Date stamp.  Log into computer.  File in mail slots.  check tray #1 again.  Considering there are only 5 people in here today, there's a lot of paper being used!  Fill it up AGAIN. 

1:15 - 2:00...  Check Facebook.  Send a text or two.  check weather. 

2:00 - hey!  I can write a blog post about all this!  My exciting life.  At work.

2:07 - make coffee.  

Now I think I'll read again.  Maybe check Facebook.  Emails.  Weather.  All that good stuff.

This is my life.  Every.  Day.   And I get paid to do this.  A lot. 


Someone shoot me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!

Have a great 3-day weekend. xo