Saturday, July 7, 2012

And for now... back to our regularly scheduled programming..


Saturday 9: Whatever Gets You Thru the Night


1. What helps you get through the night?
Oh Jesus - can't I just put wisecrack answers to all of these?  LOL  But for this one?  Knowing that I do the best I can each day to be a good person, be good to those around me, and try and be understanding of the concept of walking a mile in someone else's shoes.  Except recently.  With certain people.  Because I've borrowed their shoes and they're damn tight - all that shit stuck in them.   I like my sandals much better - they're so much more freeing.
2. Do you ALWAYS keep an open mind?
I try to.  Do your pants always have an open fly?
3. Who is the wisest person you know? 
Buddha says some pretty cool shit.  Wise, too.  
4. Who is the strongest person you know?
Strength wise?  My cousin Blair is big.  And strong.  I'd say him.  And by big I mean freakishly tall - not rotund.  
Otherwise?  My friend Kim.  She kicked cancer's ass.  My friend Jody's son is kicking it too - he's the strongest kid I know..
5. How would we tell by your behavior if you are having a bad day?
Depends on what causes the bad day.  If it's my son's POS father - I think we all know what happens then.  If it's someone in my family?  Sometimes the same thing.  I have a tendency to vent.  Here.  On my blog.  Because it's mine.  Mine all mine.  
6. Does your ego sometimes get in your way?
What ego?  I'm fucking awesome.  Get that through your head. 
7. Do you believe in Zen? If yes, can it be mastered?
I just got back from sitting on the beach in one of the most beautiful places in the world.  I had so many zen moments my head is still spinning.  Just chill, and be.  That's zen.  
8. Do you believe you could teach someone, like your child, to be competitive?
No - I tried.  Dammit.  And he quit baseball.  Makes me nuts.  I love baseball.  Why can't he?
9. Do you believe home is not a place but rather a state of mind?
I think it's both.  When I think of home I think of the Boston area.  That will always be "home" to me - even if I have no physical *home* there.  But home is here in MI, too.  Because that's where my kid is.  And my friends, and my "adopted" family.  

Jesus.  I got deep on some of these.  Sorry.  

No comments: