Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Random Tuesday musings...


Oh my what a whirlwind weekend..  Left the flats of the midwest for the swamps of Jersey, and had one of the best weekends I've had in a long time.  I guess I needed a little break :)

Was proposed to (granted, he admitted in the next sentence that he'd pissed himself - but to his credit - he was in line for the portapotty).  Met Gary US Bonds (who called me "love") and Willie Nile (who called me "babe") and touched my Holy Grail - Bruce.  Does life get any better?

Sent a final picture to my son's grandmother (or, more accurately, his sperm donor's mother).  I wanted to add "shame on you" for ignoring this kid, but it's her choice - not mine.  I just said that if she wanted to know him, I'd do anything I could to facilitate it - but basically it was "your move".  I've been sending her pictures for years, and she's never responded - and I asked her if she didn't want them to return them, and she hasn't done that either. 

Saw such an inspiring gathering of people to honor one of my Bruce Buddies.  We really know how to "Take Care of Our Own"...  A huge tailgate in honor of Rich, that died in the line of duty back in April.  He was NYFD, and left behind a wife and two kids.  There were t-shirts, coozies, bracelets, lots of food, drink and peeps from all over the world - gathered for him, and to support his wife and daughter that were there.  All the money raised went to Maryanne - AKA the "frying pan" as Rich used to call her.   Another friend was able to pull some strings and got them backstage passes - as Bruce wanted to meet them.  HE requested to meet THEM.  how freaking cool is that?  They made Pat Reilly wait to go see him and let Maryanne and Kathryn go first.  :)  She said he'd just showered, and smelled like lemongrass, and had onion breath.  LOL   

Supporting each other in times of need.  I'm not sure life gets much better than that.

Happy Tuesday. 



1 comment:

cheatymoon said...

My brain is so fogged that my takeaway from that post was that Bruce smelled good. I'm so glad you had a good time. You deserved it.

xo