Saturday, June 15, 2013

I can drive anything - anywhere...

Daddy's Back

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) Crazy Sam's dad often traveled for business, and always remembered to bring her the little complimentary soaps or body lotions he got from the hotel. When you travel, do you bring back souvenirs? Send post cards? 
Way back when, I started getting refrigerator magnets from places, and then I started collecting Starbucks mugs.  I get so much more use out of the mugs.  LOL  And postcards?  I usually buy some, but then forget to mail them.  I have quite a collection.  I should do something with them.  Hmmmm maybe a Pinterest project ;-)

2) When you fly, do you prefer window or aisle? Or doesn't it matter? 
Aisle - I like to stretch my legs out.  The best seats?  The emergency exit rows.  Best leg room ever.  
3) According to Askmen.com, Jim Anderson (Robert Young) of Father Knows Best is the best TV dad ever. Who is your favorite TV (or movie) dad?
LMAO this is a good one...  I always thought that Mike Brady was a heck of a guy - had his own, took on 3 more - that's what being a Dad is all about..
4) Sam's father was the family disciplinarian. What about you? Do you consider yourself a rule maker, a rule follower, or a rule breaker?
I don't put up with any shit.  The worst?  Lying.  Being disrespectful.  Other than that?  I'm a wicked cool mom.  
5) Sam's father was the one who gave her driving lessons. Think back to your first few times behind the wheel. Were you a naturally good driver? 
Yep.  My friend Mike (who now goes by David, go figure) was a great teacher.  In the left lane, tells me to take an exit RIGHTNOW.  Yeah, I made it.  I grew up driving in Boston.  I can drive anything, anywhere..
6) This week's featured artist, Kenny Loggins, was born in Washington state. Have you ever lived in, or traveled to, any of our northern border states? (For those of you not as well versed in geography as Crazy Sam, that's AK, WA, MT, ND, MN, WI, MI PA, NY, VT, and ME.)
I have been to Washington State, loved it.  Seattle is one of my favorite places to visit.  I live in MI.  Have been to PA, NY, VT, ME many times.  :) 
7) As part of the duo Loggins and Messina, Loggins performed the song "House at Pooh Corner." Do you have a favorite character from the Winnie the Pooh books/movies?
Um.. yeah... (said with a gigantic eye roll).. 
 
8) The mercury is going to start rising. How hot is too hot for you? 85º? 95º? Or are you one of those  "the hotter the better" people?
Doesn't matter.  If I'm in the Jeep it just doesn't matter..  
9) To celebrate Father's Day, Sam is giving away her father's favorite candy: LifeSavers. Would you prefer a roll of Wild Cherry, or Butter Rum, or Winter Green or Peppermint? 
Blech... none thank you 


No comments: