Sunday, June 30, 2013

We called it "Eric and Steve's Great Adventure"..

ummertime meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. 
Let's go!!!


This week's questions come from Academic Cog and she wrote the questions herself because she hadn't seen a summer meme in a long time.

1.) What first tells you that Summer is here? 
I live in Michigan.  When summer has arrived I can shut off the heat.  Finally.  LOL
2.) Name your five of your favorite distinctively Summer habits or customs. 
No shoes.  Flip flops.  Capris.  Beach.  Outside.  Jeep.  :)
3.) What is your favorite smell of Summer? 
Not the sweat, that's for sure.  And my sweat right now smells like a mixture of rum, vodka, Sambuca and a whole bunch of nastiness.  Ugh.  I need a shower.  
4.) What is your favorite taste of Summer? 
Not vomit.  Nope nosiree bob.  Grilled just about anything..
5.) Favorite Summer memory? 
Certainly not throwing up over the side of a boat.  Not that I did that yesterday.  Nope.  Nosiree bob.  Camping with my friends.  We always had a good time.  Even that one time on the island where it rained, and the rats were bigger than our tents.  
6.) Extreme heat or extreme cold? Which would you choose and why? 
Well, I don't like either.  So I'm not going to choose, dammit. I like 70's and 50's at night, please and thank you. 
7.) What books do you plan to read for the season? 
Ooooh thanks, you just reminded me I downloaded some yesterday.  A bunch.  Under the Dome for one.  I'm re-reading "A Walk in the Woods" right now.  If you've never read it, it's worth it.  Hysterical.  
8.) What is your favorite part of summer? 
Driving with the top down.
9.) What's your favorite quintessentially summer food? Least favorite? 
Oh sweet corn and ribs.  But it has to be sweet corn from the sweet corn man.  It's the best ever.  And least favorite?  hmmm....  I don't think I have a least favorite! Go figure!
10.) Best beverage to beat the summer heat: 
Water.  Diet Pepsi.  Certainly not (or ever again) a mixture of rum punch, "open your mouth and let me pour" anything.  Ever again.  Blech.  
11.) Least favorite/most annoying thing related to summer?
Nothing.  I heart summer.  
12.) Pick one: the lake /the beach. 
Well, considering that I live in MICHIGAN - they are one and the same.  So I pick the Cape.  The ocean.  Martha's Vineyard.  I heart Martha and her Vineyard. 
13.) Most amusing summer vacation trip you've ever taken?
The ones where Kim and I pee our pants laughing.  We have fun.  But really, Marianne and I took a trip once and brought pictures of Eric and Steve.  Eric and Steve were all over Key West, having their pictures taken.  THAT was a blast.  Prolly one of the most amusing trips ever.  We called it "Eric and Steve's Great Adventure" LOL
14.) Most ridiculous/cringe-inducing/blush-provoking summer outfit you have seen? (Bonus points if you yourself were wearing it!) 
Oh God if there is photographic evidence I swear I'll kill someone
15.) Your absolute dream summer afternoon would be 
After the beach, come back to the cottage and hit the outside shower, then grill out.  I miss the cottage.  I wish I'd said no to selling it.  :(
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

**** April **** said...

I have a couple of friends asking if anyone has read "Under the Dome".... they're all waiting for someone to give them a good review before they start. I'm like... read the fucking book ??? who cares what someone else thinks! DUH