Saturday, June 8, 2013

Do what the monkey says and everything will be OK

Sweet Caroline

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

The idea for this came from Harriet, who suggested the baseball theme.

 
 
 
 
 
 
1) "Sweet Caroline" has been sung during every Boston Red Sox home game since the 1990s. (Click here to watch Neil Diamond lead the fans in the first game after April's bombing.) Do you know the words well enough to sing along?
Are you serious?  Do you KNOW me??  Being raised in the Boston area, not only do I know it, it's in my genetic makeup that when I hear it I have to sing along, and do the in between the lines stuff (So good! So Good!  So Good!)...
2) Do you have a favorite major league baseball team? Again... is this a silly meme?  I'm wearing a red t-shirt right now.  All it says is "Wicked big Sox fan".  You figure it out.  And thanks Jules.  It's one of my favorites.  :)

3) Budweiser is the "official beer of major league baseball." Do you reach for a cold beer on a hot summer day?
Hey, it's 5:00 somewhere, right? Don't you judge me.  I love a nice cold frosty one now and then! 
4) Every season, more than a million Vienna Beef Hot Dogs are consumed by baseball fans at Chicago's Wrigley Field. When you get a hot dog, what do you put on it? 
I love a good Chicago dog - AND the plan is to get one at Wrigley this summer.  Wait a minute.  Are you following me?  How do you know about all the things that I like and do.  Who IS this?  Now I'm getting nervous.. You're kind of freaking me out here..
 
5) The odds of a fan in the stands being hit by a baseball are 300,000 to 1. The odds of winning the lottery are (approximately) 1 in 12,000,000. Do you play the lottery?
Sometimes.  When it's up there.  I suppose I'd just be better off being beaned and getting a settlement.  LOL
6) Though his song has been adopted by faithful Boston Red Sox fans, Neil Diamond was born and raised in New York City. Have you ever visited The Big Apple?
Many times.  I heart NY.  I was there just a few weeks ago, too.  Fabulous time.  You should go sometime. 
7) Baseball players are notoriously superstitious. For example, the Cubs' Matt Garza eats Popeye's fried chicken every day that he pitches. Joltin' Joe DiMaggio touched second base with his foot every time he ran on or off the field. Do you have any superstitions?
Yeah, don't ever... EVER fuck with the monkey. 
Do what the monkey says and everything will be OK.

8) A ball signed by Babe Ruth can fetch tens of thousands of dollars at auction. Have you ever asked a celebrity for his/her autograph?
Well, there was this one time in Atlantic City that I was about to ask Bruce (you know, Springsteen...) for his autograph and someone that had already gotten one like three times before SHOVED in front of me and got it again.  And then he went inside.  Yeah.  I was pissed.  But I was thisclose to him, and since then?  I've touched him.  Yeah.  It was cool.  
9) Baseball means summer and summer means sun. Are you working on a tan, or do you slather on the sunscreen?  
I drive a Jeep.  With no top in the summer.  I put on sunscreen.  And get a tan anyway.  


I know... I've been missing lately.  I've been busy dammit!  I bought a Jeep.  I'm doing Relay for Life this weekend - and in doing so, missing going home (to Boston) for my Uncle Joe's Celebration of Life - he died on Memorial Day.  I'm glad that I got the opportunity to see him at Christmas, and talked to him on the phone before he died.  He was one of those guys that was gruff and rough on the exterior, but really a sweetheart underneath.  His soft spot was his grandson.  He would do anything for that kid.   Not sure what a Celebration of Life entails, but I'm sorry that I'm missing it - and Rest in Peace, Joe.  You were loved, and you will be missed..

Have a great weekend everyone! 

No comments: