Saturday, July 27, 2013

Your stupid phone calls are interrupting my Candy Crush..


Saturday 9: So Much to Say


Thanks to Kelly for recommending The Dave Matthews Band. (Hear it here.) 
*Thanks Kelly - I heart Dave.  I've seen him so many times it's ridonkulous... once with James Brown at Madison Square Garden.  3rd Row.  Ahhhhhh... those were the days..
1) The lyrics refer to a baby's "one year of crying." When was the last time you cried ... felt weepy ... or at least teared up?
Oh Jesus, I cry at Hallmark commercials.  I was crying in a dream the other night.  I was remembering my aunt Harriet's funeral.  That was killer.  
2) Let's lighten it up a little. When was the last time you laughed really hard? 
I almost peed my pants once.  Wait.  I did pee my pants once.  My friend Kim and I are so in tune - we can make each other laugh like that with just a word or even a look.   I laugh often.  It's a good thing.  My friend at work, Davida - she likes to tell me what is going on in the bathroom while she's in there.  That makes me laugh my ass off.  Sometimes it's so inappropriate that I can't repeat.  I'm glad we're friends like that.  LOL
3) Do you have "so much to say" that hasn't been said yet? Tell us if you owe someone a phone call, note, email or text.
Nope.  I missed last week from the meme's though.  I've been busy, shit to do - places to go, people to see, stuff like that.  I'm surprised at how busy I've been!  Oh and I have a new obsession.  The Walking Dead.  I'm almost through season 2.  How I didn't get hooked on this before, I'll never know.  
4) Earlier this summer, Dave took a bike ride before a show and his tire blew out. He didn't have a cell phone with him and was afraid of missing that night's performance. Fortunately two fans -- driving to see Dave Matthews Band in concert -- recognized him by the side of the road and gave him a ride to the show. Share a recent act of kindness you either did, or received. 
I love to pay for the person behind me in the drive through line.  Especially if they look like they're having a bad day.  And then I take off really really fast so they can't thank me.  :)
5) Before he hit it big, Dave Matthews was a bartender. What job did you have right before the one you have now?
 Court clerk.  I actually thought about doing a blog about "Shit Defendants Say"... It would be a killer, and I could probably retire on the royalties from the TV show.  But alas, now I just get "can you tell me so-and-so's phone number?"  Oh, the one you were sent a letter about SIX MONTHS AGO that you never read????  Sure...  How about you write it down this time, your stupid phone calls are interrupting my Candy Crush game..
6) The Dave Matthews Band recorded an album live at the Red Rocks Amphitheater, in the mountains near Denver. Is there a trip to the mountains in your future?
Oh, I wish..  I'd love to go back to the left coast, or even inland from there.  I am headed to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan next month.  There are great hills there.  :)
  7) Do you suffer from hay fever or allergies? 
Nope.  I don't think I'm allergic to anything.  Well, except men that have a penis coming out of their forehead, that is.  What is the plural of penis, anyway?
8) What's in your pocket right now?
A wocket..
9) American Express promotes "Small Business Saturday," and encourages us to shop at local, independent retailers. Is there a shop, boutique or restaurant in your town that you're particularly fond of?
I love to shop local.  Eggs, chicken, stuff like that.  I don't do much shopping at the big names stores at all, really.  Mostly local, most of the time.  

3 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

I love your answer to the "act of kindness" question. You're a cool lady.

MissusDilis said...

I also love your answer in #4! And your #5 made me rofl coz I also meet men like them :D

Have a great weekend.

Diana_CT said...

I had a woman pay for my coffee a couple of weeks ago in Keene NH at a Dunkin Donuts. I was waiting in line when she pulled in from another entrance and didn't realized that I was in line.