Friday, October 21, 2011

Random Friday thoughts..

I really really miss my Uncle Jim's onion rings.  They were the absolute best.  He used to own a small road-side fish place, and I don't know if it was the flour or the batter or how he dipped them into each more than once - but his onion rings were the absolute shit.  The best ones were the little ones that were like little breaded discs of onion all fried up.  Yum. 

I used to be skinny.  Before I had the boy.  And really, even after I had the boy.  But I have realized that I really like food.  I don't want to eat a kidney sized piece of chicken.  i want the whole damn boob of it.  And then maybe a couple of extra bites if it's really good.  And anyone that knows me - knows I'm a good cook.  I like the stuff I make.  Sometimes too much, and then I have to give it away.  I mean, come on, I really can't eat a whole cake.  Or really, I probably could - but I won't.  Even in my "zaftig" state - I know that moderation is the key.  LOL  Or maybe I'm Marilyn Monroe-esque.....  She wasn't skinny.   She was curvy.  I'm curvy.  That's what I am!

I went to the Arby's drive through today.  I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not a drive-through afficionado.  My friend Kim still laughs about the time we went through the Taco Bell drive through and I wanted french fries.  I didn't know!  It's a drive through - you would expect that they would have fries, right?  Apparently not.  And I was drunk.  I'll never live it down.  Well, Arby's doesn't have fries either.  They have those curly fry things - they're not fries.  They're curly potato things.  Not a fan.  So I got the onion rings.  Which made me think of Uncle Jim's onion rings.  See how it all comes together? 

so as I'm paying, the girl at the window asks me if I'd like "Arby's or Horsie"...

==insert crickets chirping here==

Me:  "Um.....what are those?"

She looked at me like I was a moron.  Nice.   Apparently they're Arby's signature sauces.  The Arby's is barbeque and the horsie is a horseradish.  I took one of each.

I think I'm done with the drive-through.  I should stick to home made stuff.  It's better.  And better for you.  Right?

So last night, I'm horsing around with the boy.  And he steals my seat on the couch.  so I sit on him.  Carefully, of course - because he's small and I'm not.  LOL
So we're laughing and joking.

And then?

He spits on me.

Yes.  Spit.  On me.  On purpose. 

He knows two things will piss me off more than anything else.  Spitting and hitting a girl.  That was the end of horsing around.  I took my book and went to bed.  And washed my neck.  Where he spit.  On me. 

I'm still grossed out.   And the worst part?  He didn't think there was anything wrong with what he did. 

Tonight?  I will learn him in the error of his ways.  He's lucky I don't believe in capital punishment. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spitting is the worst. We have some students who attempt that. It sucks.

Onion rings are the bomb. I hate drive-through.

Michelle said...

OMG, Dad's onion rings were awesome. Mmm. Remember too the potato fingers and friend chicken? I swear those potato fingers are my meal when I arrive in heaven.