Sunday, October 2, 2011

Is this week over yet?

I'm really just wanting this week to be over, and all settled. 

We went apple picking last weekend.  I got way too many apples, and before the fruit flies set in I had to do something with them.  And then I couldn't find my apple corer/slicer/dicer thingie from Pampered Chef.  Thank goodness my neighbor had one!  I spent about 2 hours coring/slicing/dicing.  I have a ton of apples now frozen (who knew you could freeze them?!?), and made a small apple crisp and a larger apple pie in a bag.  Yes.  In a bag.  A paper bag, like you get at the grocery store.  Yum. 
This is what it looked like when it was done:

it tastes as good as it looks.  I had heard that these were fabulous - so I decided to try one.  I found a couple of recipes, and tweaked/combined, and cooked. 

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Happy Sunday - I'm off to finish painting the spare bedroom.  I am determined to get this place finished.  Dammit.  LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have chicken in the crockpot and am doing nothing but laundry and couching it today with the dog on my legs to keep me warm. It's raining and freezing. Ack.

xoxoxo

K Dubs said...

mmmmm good for you. :) Enjoy... I ended up doing hot yoga. That's a post in itself. LOL

Pseudo said...

Yum. That looks delicious. I love Hawaii, but do miss a true fall.