Saturday, January 5, 2013

I'm a pretty pretty princess

Saturday 9: Brand New Me

1) It's a brand new year! Do you have any resolutions for 2013?
I try not to have resolutions, because they always get broken.  But this year I've committed to try and keep my mouth shut more - and try and keep some opinions to myself.  If you know me, you get that.  LOL

2) Dusty Springfield sang of feeling "brand new." What leaves you feeling refreshed and/or rejuvenated?
I have to admit, there's nothing like a whole "shit, shower, shave" morning.  Oh and coffee.  Can't forget the coffee.  

 3) Dusty's given name was Mary Catherine. If you could give yourself a brand new first name, what would it be?
Huh, well figuring mine is Kathleen Mary - she was doing pretty good there.  I once tried to get everyone to call me Katie.  I really liked Katie.  I thought I was cute and perky like a Katie.  Apparently my neighborhood thought I was NOT cute and perky like a Katie, and I was spawn of the devil.  I think I was a little mischievous as a child LOL

 4) Actor Billy Bob Thornton has dismissed antiques, saying, "I'm creeped out by old stuff." Do you ever shop at estate sales, yard sales or second-hand stores? Or do you want everything brand new?
Billy Bob Thornton creeps me out.  I love having a mix of old and new in my house.  Now if I could just figure out how to put them all together so it looks like one of those HGTV homes, I'd be all set.

 5) Are you sad to see the holiday decorations slowly disappear until next year? Or do you think they should come down on January 2?
Santa in the snow globe on the front lawn needs to go.  I have lights around my breakfast bar that stay up all year long, though.  They're cool.  

6) Do you like the picture on your photo ID?
I'm a pretty pretty princess - why wouldn't I like it?

7) Crazy Sam shudders at the very thought of a snake. Which is your least favorite member of the Animal Kingdom?
Bugs.  Bugs creep me out.  And those freaking tree frogs in the summer that jump and stick on my front door that jump off when I open the door.  Those freak me out. 

 8) What's the most recent magazine you flipped through?
Some rag

9) Do you have nice handwriting?
Duh... I'm a pretty pretty princess - we always have nice handwriting!

Happy New Year! 

6 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

It makes me smile to think that our pretty, pretty princess is creeped out by Billy Bob Thornton.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You do look like a Katie. Except for the devil thang...

auntiem4cabs said...

I LOVE your blog!!

Happy New Year Princess!!
Mary

K Dubs said...

come on Billy Bob is an antique. ANd he's creepy.. blech.. and Bud, I know - right?
And thanks Mary! :)

I am Harriet said...

Luckily around here some kids like to puncture those snow globe things. ha ha



Have a great rest of your Saturday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2013/01/there-is-a-reason-why-i-use-my-printer-to-print-out-my-holiday-cards/

irel said...

I'm gonna apply that first thing you wrote.. I will try to keep my mouth shut to..