Sunday, May 26, 2013

Did you really have to bring the f'ing Chihuahua into it?


We humbly remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. 
Let's go!!!


This week's questions come from Helena at Skyblue
and her now-defunct Sunday Brunch meme. It's been a few years since the Brunch folded but the archives are still open.

1}Which do you prefer in the am: Coffee or tea? 
Oh, really?  That's not even a question.  I love my coffee.  Don't try and take it away.  Ever.  Or else I will be like a dog and first show you my teeth to assert my dominance, and then I will fuck.  You.  Up.  Back off. 

2} Work has been cancelled on the spur of the moment: Clean house and do errands, Or just fun things?
Depends - is it summer?  Then I'm off to the beach in the Jeep! :)

3} Middle of the hot summer, vacation at: Mountains or Beach?
OCEAN.  Beach Beach Beach, beaches. 

4}You have to travel at a leisure speed: Train, plane or car? 
My dream vacation is a rock star bus, a bunch of friends, a map and no time limits. 

5} To relax: A movie or a book?
A book.  In my hammock.  Because then?  Life is oh, so goooooood

6} What kind of pets? Dog, cat, bird or fish.
I've tried dogs.  Is this some kind of trick question?  Because really, that's not funny.  First there was the one that was half dalmation-half lab.  All the wonderful qualities of a lab, but as soon as you left him alone?  All bets were off.  This dog ate through every crate we put him in, busted out windows, screens, you name it.  But oh we loved him so... Meet Dewey:





THEN - because Dewey was actually my ex's dog (or really if we're getting technical - it was HIS ex's dog) but I couldn't afford to keep replacing screens.  I wasn't rich.  He was.  Anyway.  Dewey was no longer ours.  Devastating to the boy.  Then we had the fucking chihuahua.
Yes, I said fucking chihuahua.  He was given to me as a rescue - I was assured that he was house trained, he was not.  He ran away.  The first night.  Because he was given to us with no leash, collar, food, bowl - NOTHING.  Fucking chihuahua.  He comes back a week later - half starved to death - mind you, this was the middle of winter.  We really thought he'd be dead.  But he wasn't.  So we brought him back to health.  I payed to have him spayed, shots, the whole nine yards.  That little fucker refused to pee outside.  I would bring him out.  He would look at me.  Then I would bring him back in - and he would climb up onto my micro suede couch - look directly at me - and then pee.  And this was consistent.  EVERY.   FUCKING.  TIME.   Hence the fucking chihuahua.  I gave him away on Craigslist.  (I don't want to hear it - I don't care how much of an animal lover you are, I hope he turned into research, that fucker)..
There are more dog stories - there was the one that bit Josh constantly, or the boxer that ate half my house.  And then there was the cat that got pregnant (that filthy whore) - we loved her.  And her kittens.  Oh were they fun..
Get the picture?  No dogs here.  We now have Ninja.  She's chill..
She was a stray that found us - she was spayed, declawed, and nobody claimed her.  We love her.
Maybe someday we'll get another dog.  But until then?  Hells to the N.O.  And thanks for reminding me of that fucking chihuahua.  Glad you asked?



7} Dream home: Hard wood floors or carpeting? 
Hard wood all the way.  Oh, wait - are we talking about floors?  Hardwood.  LOL

8} a fun activity: cards, bingo or blogging?
Today, I'm rather enjoying the blogging LOL - well, except for the fucking chihuahua thing..

9} First date: Dinner, movie or a hike? 
Hmmmmm....  How about a hike and pizza afterwards?
Oh, and beer.  Must have beer after a hike.

10}The first Kiss: peck on the cheek, or a long romantic one?
Really?  Come on.  Do you know when my last date was?  (Actually - it wasn't that long ago, but since there were so many red flags, it really doesn't count, I just refer to it as the flag carrying ceremony where beer was involved).....  One that starts off as a peck, and moves in for the kill.

No comments: