Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sometimes I am a dirty DIRTY girl..


1) This song is about a lad who didn't take his mother's advice and attended the wild party anyway (hear it here). When you were young, did your parents approve of your friends? If you're a parent yourself, how have you handled it when your kids start hanging around with friends you're not crazy about?
Mine is 16.  He plays video games.  Online.  With his friends.  All.  The.  Time.  
And it made me crazy, and I really gave him a hard time about not going out and socializing - prom, movies, parties, etc.  Until I found out what other kids his age are doing when they socialize.  At the prom, movies, parties, etc.  He can play video games online with his friends ALL the time...  (well, not ALL the time).. I know where he is, what he's doing - and that he's not drinking, smoking pot or pulling pills out of a candy dish mixture.  He's a smart kid with respect to that stuff - knows that if he does any of that, it'll mess up his future - and he's convinced that if he ever gets caught I will appear out of nowhere and start yelling.  It's good to have worked in the courts... :-)
2) A 2010 poll named Marge Simpson of The Simpsons the most popular TV mom of all time. Who is your favorite TV (or movie) mother?
 I used to tell my mother that we weren't the Brady Bunch, does that count?  LOL  I always thought that Shirley Partridge was cool.  She was a single (GASP!) mom, and did things here way.  In the day, she was bad ASS.  And I had a single mom living next door, and her name was Shirley - and I always thought she was the coolest mom - so any single mom named Shirley.  That's my answer. 
3) Crazy Sam's mother is a big fan of The National Enquirer. As she likes to say, "They were right about John Edwards!" Do you read the tabloids? Cast a guilty glance at them when you're in line at the store? Or ignore them altogether?
Nah... if anything, I look at Cosmo to learn how to snag my man.  LMAO   See how well that's worked out for me?
4) Mother Winters always gave Sam peppermint tea to calm her stomach. Do you have any tried-and-true home remedies to share?
For what, to calm my stomach?  I find a nice poopie usually takes care of that.   Someone used to tell me that was the answer to everything.  Sometimes, I think that she was right!
5) Thinking of guts ... When making decisions, do you tend to consider all the options carefully or do you "go with your gut"?
I usually go with my gut.  Especially when there are red flags a'flyin! Classic example?  The guy I went on a date with who told me he called the Sheriff's dept to see if his son could drive him when he's drunk, with only his permit.  Seriously?  Drink much?  Another one is I cancelled an interview this week that was back in MA (sorry kids).  Would have been a great job, down on the Cape (one of my favorite places in the whole entire world) I could have rented my house here and had a potential roomie there... BUT...  I would have walked away from a good chunk of money in my 401K that's not vested yet, would have had to wipe out a mutual fund to pay for the move, and really pissed off the aforementioned 16 year old who really wants to finish high school here.  I don't think that it would have been worth it in the end.  
6) Spring is here! Do you have a green thumb?
No, mine are flesh colored, thank you.  I have a tendency to grow flowers and trees, but vegetables usually die, and my lawn has alopecia.   I need to call Hair Club for men.  Maybe they can help.  LOL
7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet? 
NO.  It's 46 degrees out right now. I had to turn the f'ing HEAT ON.  Stupid Crazy Uncle Larry is fucking around with Mother Nature again.  And they are pissing me off.  
8) After you lather and rinse, do you repeat?
Nope.  Once usually does it for me.  Unless I'm really really dirty.  Sometimes I am a dirty, DIRTY girl.... 9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away Hershey bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?
Mmmmmmm I always did like boy candy bars best..

No comments: