Sunday, May 26, 2013

Random Thoughts Sunday...


So I missed last week, it's been a little crazy - but it's time for a "random thoughts" post..

I was at my cousin's wedding last weekend.  It was one of the most fun and well put together events I've ever been to.  I came home on Sunday, exhausted, but it was a good exhausted - because it was just that good.  I made new friends, got to see aunts, uncles and cousins that I love spending time with, shit - even the boy had a good time.  It takes a lot to get him to admit he's had fun - especially when he's away from his video games for 3 days. LOL

Here is a picture of the the groom, my cousin - he's sitting.  Isn't he handsome? 
And here is a picture of his beloved - on the left:










Oh, I'm sorry.  Did I mention that my cousin is gay?  My cousin Tracey will probably kill me for posting this picture - because that's her on the right, but oh well.

Part of the fact that the wedding was so good - besides that it was a celebration of their awesome love (they've been together for 12 years) and of the fact that they helped FIGHT for the right to be able to do this.  It was being a witness to the fruits of their labor.

So what is a better example of love?  Britney getting married and divorced 50 hours later, or a couple that has been together longer than any of the Kardashian girls, Britney Spears and many other celebrities combined?

I'm so proud of them and their friends - and to have been there to share in their joy.  I hope that the next generation doesn't have such a hard time to be able to do that.  Shit - I hope the rest of THIS generation has it easier.  Who is anyone to judge what is OK for someone else?    Not me, that's for sure.  I'm no shining example on how to make love last - unless you count my kid.  LOL

Mazel Tov, Chris and Chris - well done!


Other random thoughts?
Sometimes there are people that just make me want to say "SHAME ON YOU"..  I won't go into any detail, and it has nothing to do with the above, but really.  Shame on you.

Someone keeps calling my house from "number withheld".  Why withhold your number?  Come on.  Show your face.  It's not a blocked number - it's a number that someone purposely did *67 or whatever it is.  Guess what - I'm not answering.  LOL

Online dating.  Not all it's cracked up to be.  Why do people make themselves out to be saints all the time?  And really - the "I want someone that is just kind, and wonderful and that makes the angels sing on a daily basis" shit?  Guess what?  I don't make angels sing.  I make them throw shit at me - like lightning bolts on occasion.  How can you convey that to someone?   I'm a nice person - most of the time.  LOL

Happy Memorial Day weekend - Enjoy  :)

me






No comments: