Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hello, Mrs. Weinberg! Is Max home?



1) Do you enjoy amusement park rides?
Enjoy them?  Shit - I LOVE them!  Here's my thing - strap me into one of those things that it comes down as a harness, and you can do just about anything - flip me up, over, down and around - the faster the better.  Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!
2) In this song, Bruce likens romance to riding through the tunnel of love. The Red Hot Chili Peppers sing about a "Love Rollercoaster." What amusement park ride reminds you of your relationships?
Hahahaha - that's a tie between the House of Horrors and the Wall of Mirrors... LOL
3) Bruce's nickname is The Boss. Who was your best boss? What made him/her a good supervisor?
Um, the only Boss I follow is Bruce.  I did have a boss when I first started working full time, her name was Kathleen and she was from Chicago.  She was awesome, and I really looked up to her.  
4) Bruce's father was a bus driver and his mother was a legal secretary. What professions did/do your parents work in?
My father and stepmother own a B&B.  My mother was a bookkeeper/accountant, but she died.  Now her profession is trying to haunt me, I'm convinced.. lol
5) Bruce met his wife Patti at a bar in Asbury Park. Do you believe you can pick up lasting love in a bar?
No, but I do believe you can pick up some lasting other things....
6) Springsteen was unable to work for years because he was embroiled in a lawsuit with his management company. Have you ever been sued, or sued someone else?
Just from car accidents.  I broke my nose.  That was worth about $5K.. Speaking of 5K.. I walked my first one today.  It was a lot of fun!
7) Bruce won an Oscar for writing the title song for the Tom Hanks movie Philadelphia. Do you have a favorite Tom Hanks movie?
WILSON!!!  WILSON!  Wilson, where did you go-oh-oh-oh..... =sob=....  I heart Tom.  He's good in all he does
8) Bruce's official Twitter account (@springsteen) has more than 389,000 followers. Do you tweet? If so, how many people follow you?
I have a Twitter account.  Bruce has admitted he's technology challenged.  So it's his peeps.  It's not him.  I have 53 followers.  Some I know, some I don't. 
9) Bruce's drummer, Mighty Max Weinberg, led the band on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. Who do you think is funnier -- Conan or Jay Leno? Or are you looking forward to Jimmy Fallon?
OK - I'm not really going to answer this question because I'm usually in bed by 10.  BUT... My friend Kathy's now ex-husband went to school with Max.  And we may have had one too many drinks one night and called his mother.  "Hello, Mrs. Weinberg, is Max home?"...  I think between the hour and the fact that he'd been living OUT of the house for quite some time may or may not have annoyed her.  LOL
 
  

1 comment:

The Gal Herself said...

I'm glad you gave props to Wilson. Poor bastard didn't make it to the end.

And I love the story about crank calling Mrs. Weinberg. :)