Monday, January 19, 2009

Manic Monday #151

Monday Madness!
Manic Monday :) <---- Click to play along!



What do you do to make yourself feel better when you are sick?
The most logical answer is soup and tea. But really? Nothing makes me feel better like making those around me sick as dogs, too. It's kind of a "strength in numbers" thing. Why be sick alone, it's no fun! Make all your friends sick and have a big ole pity party! Then again, the only one around me on a regular basis is 12 and male. And if he gets sick, it's like any male - the world stops (didn't you hear that crash of it screeching to a halt?). LOL So tea. Earl Grey, please - with milk and sugar. And soup. Tomato. Or chicken noodle - but it's got to be the old standby of Campbell's. None of that new-fangled chunky stuff. Water, salt, noodles & chicken. That's what I want.

What is the most amazing weather you've ever seen?
I've seen hurricanes & blizzards while living in MA. But we were under a tornado warning last summer, my son was at school, and the weather was heading straight for where he was and he freaks out about tornado watches, let alone a warning with the sirens, etc. So I drove there - right through the most unbelievable weather I've ever seen. It was raining and hailing so hard I couldn't see the road - I drove and my co-pilot watched the yellow lines to make sure I was still on my side. There were big branches coming down, we saw a tree on a car, it was CRAZY. I finally dropped my friend off and got to him and they were all in the bathroom, and he was like "that was fun!".. I started for home, and had to pull over and stop because I couldn't see. Twice I had to turn back down the road I was on because trees were blocking the way. I was actually afraid to drive down the road we lived on because it was lined with trees, and the house we were in was also. Luckily we only had one down in the yard, and it pulled down the electrical wire with it - and we STILL had power - go figure. So that's my crazy weather story. LOL Here's a picture of the tree down on our street:


Do you listen to music or talk radio in the car?
Music all the way. My father used to force us to listen to all sorts of talk radio - so he ruined me forever. He still calls and says "hey - you'll never guess who's on Prairie Home Companion"... ARRGH! Unless it's Bruce Springsteen or JDM with a marriage proposal - I don't care.

9 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Your dad was surprised that I liked PHC - I remember the conversation when I met him. Why wouldn't I like it? lol. It's not like it's a secret club or anything. I'm sorry he spoiled it for you. :-) You would like Car Talk though, Kath. Maybe you wouldn't miss Boston so much....

cheatymoon said...

Oh, and the world stops turning on it's axis when any male (that I know) has a sniffle or a headache. Ack.

Pseudo said...

I'm with Movie on the males. Both of mine (ages 6 and 16) believe they need to be waited on hand and foot when they are sick.

Crazy story about your drive in the storm.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I'm just the opposite. When I'm sick, I want those around me to be nice and healthy so they can take care of me. Because at the first sign of any illness for them, I'm the one that has to do all the caretaking.

Anonymous said...

your weather story scared the crap out of me...the whole trees dropping from the sky thing happens around here every time the damn wind blows, thanks to all our lovely forests...which i wouldn't give up for the world btw

and i like talk radio...esp CBC...makes me feel smart to listen to it ;)

K Dubs said...

Thistle - it scared the crap out of me, too! The funniest thing that I forgot to mention is that one time we were pulled over and the boy grabs his football pads out of the trunk and puts them on, hops in the back seat and says "OK, NOW I'm ready for it". ROFL

K Dubs said...

Shoulder pads, that is.

SMB - I wish I had someone that would take care of me. LOL I'm it. I wouldn't really wish illness on anyone. Well, except the FFW, but that's just silly - she already has a ton of STD's.

Staci said...

Your post just makes me smile!! Yeah, i agree when they're males and they're sick the world does come to a screeching halt...big babies!!

Wow-you are a super mom!! I would've done the same thing and of course mine probably would've thought it was cool too!! That is a huge tree! I hate storms that include tornadoes!!

Jack said...

Wow that photo is incredible... that's a tree in the middle of the road!

Tea for me too, I'm an earl grey drinker with lots of milk.