Sunday, January 25, 2009

Manic Monday #152



Courtesy of Fleur de Lisa - click here to play along :)


What gives you hope?
Kids give me hope. Kids give me hope because by the time they're adults, hopefully so much of the nastiness of our parents era will be wiped out. There are so many multi-racial kids nowadays, that who knows who is what any more, and it's only going to get better. Obama gives me hope that this country can turn around and be respected once again. My son gives me hope that, in some way, I will live on through him. Or at least my sense of humor will ;) Every day that I wake up gives me hope that I will live another day. Every word that I type gives me hope that I'll never learn to shut up. LOL

How often do you get your haircut? Describe your worst haircut.
Every 5-6 weeks or so (and colored). The worst haircut wasn't a cut, but color. I dyed it myself because I had a date with a guy that I really liked, and ended up having hair that was olive drab. The date didn't go quite as planned, either. I should have stuck with the original color, and not drank quite so much. That whole story is probably worth a post in itself. lol

What's your most treasured piece of jewelry? Why?
Really? I could say my mother's bracelet or her ring, but my most treasured piece? My diamond necklace. I treasure it because it is worth something to me. It says that two and 1/2 years weren't completely wasted, that I was able to walk away from something with my dignity, my pride, and a damn fine piece of jewelery. And no the ex didn't give it to me - I took what he gave me, and traded it in for what *I* wanted.

11 comments:

LEA said...

Oh my! I would love to read a post about the date night! LOL

I so smiled when I read about your diamond necklace! That is awesome and a wonderful way to look at the time spent on another. I should have done something like that!

Great answers.

Anonymous said...

I too have a bad hair color - done by myself. At the time I was a special ed teacher at a grade school. I called in sick and went to the salon to have them fix it! It was bad!

Staci said...

I posted the same thoughts to what makes me hopeful!!

I would love to read a story about date night!! I'm sure it will be very entertaining.

I LOVE that you traded up to what you wanted!!

Have a great Monday!!

cheatymoon said...

So smart to trade the jewelry! :-)

Good answers, Kathy. Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Would love to hear about that date,lol. I love you answer to the last question :)

Teena in Toronto said...

You go, Girl!

I played too :)

YellowRose said...

Sounds like a great story!!! LOL

They do say, Diamonds are a girls best friend! ;)

Brandt! said...

Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

i had to skip your alphabet post cos Jack assigned me an 'm' also and i don't want to steal your ideas...

but this post? and the story about the necklace...brilliant! Good for you..

Happy Monday!

K Dubs said...

Glad everyone enjoyed the necklace story :) I'll post the date story later. LOL

Pseudo said...

So smart to trade the jewelry!

My kids have nine ethnicities...

And fun fact, my husband grew up in the same neighborhood as President Obama (feels so cool to finally type it that way) when he was living with his grandparents. My husband was raised by his grandmother.