Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Six

Woot! I was first last week over at Patrick's Place!

Here is this week's Saturday Six :)

1. If you could recycle only one of the following, would you be most likely to choose paper, aluminum cans or plastic containers?
Considering that I use more plastic than cans, I would have to go with the plastic containers.

2. Check out your bathroom: what color are the metal fixtures: silver, gold, bronze, or pewter? (If you know the actual material rather than just the color, name it too.)
For now, they're a stainless steel. That'll probably stay the same, only it'll be upgraded to nicer stuff. I got the basics when I had the house built, and there's a lot that I want to do. Fixtures is just the tip of the iceberg!

3. When cooking, do you prefer non-stick surfaces or traditional surfaces? Do you have more copper-bottomed pots or stainless steel?
I like the non-stick, and I don't think I have either copper-bottomed or stainless steel! Well, except the ginormous pot for crab legs. That's stainless. And I want my mother's cast iron skillet, I think when I go to the Cape this year I'm taking it home with me. It's not being used for all the wonderful things that it could be.

4. Take the quiz: What Metal Are You?
You Are Copper
You are provocative and challenging. You help people realize who they really are.
You live a very balanced life. You always take time for love and art.

You are both a powerful and generous person. You always have time to give back.
People find you to be incredibly ethical and loyal.

Shocker that an online quiz can tell me something about myself that I (and so many others) known for years, and yet the fuckwit my ex could try and take that away so quickly by telling lies. grrrrrr




5. Consider the jewelry you wear most often: is it gold, silver, platinum or something else?
I have either silver or white gold. My favorite bracelets are these I actually have the two in the first picture, but they're the "genuine" ones from Eden Hand Arts. And my necklace is white gold with diamonds. My ex kept buying me yellow gold and didn't *get* why I wouldn't wear it. He said he would buy it because I didn't have any - and I kept telling him *because I don't like it*... he didn't listen. Shocker he's an ex, eh?

6. Have you ever had a piece of jewelry turn your skin a different color? Did anyone else notice before you did?
The sperm donor My son's father bought me a bracelet in Provincetown once, and we joked that we'd stay together until it turned my wrist green. That happened within a few months. =smacks self in forehead= WHY didn't I listen to myself?!?!?

8 comments:

Irish Gumbo said...

I'm thinking stainless steel with alumnum core, good stuff, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of mine.

The cast iron skillet? Yeah, definitely hang on to that. I have one I inherited from my maternal grandmother and it is AWESOME!

Thank you for the follow on Irish Gumbo, welcome! Nice to have another voice in the choir!

cheatymoon said...

Hey Gumby came to visit.

I like this list. Am also a silver/white gold/platinum girl. Pandora bracelets. :-)

Maybe I will try out this meme sometime.

Have a great weekend, Kath.

cheatymoon said...

Hey - nice new background, btw. I just tagged you for a photo meme... :-)

cheatymoon said...

Oh, and I left you an "M" the other day for that alphabet thing. So, there's your blog HW for the weekend...

K Dubs said...

Cheez luiz! Gumby, thanks for the visit :) Love your blog. And I'm going to get the skillet in August, don't you worry!
I'm off to check out my homework now, to be in addition to the 6 hours of accounting that I have. Arrgh!

Staci said...

I hate yellow gold!! I only wear white/silver/ and would love to say platinum but oh well!!

Pseudo said...

I love your bracelets. I think I'm going to take the metal quiz...sounds interesting.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

This was a fun meme. I love old cast iron too. Very cool!