Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Sunday.....

The new kitchen counter is in, and just fantabulistic (see pictures below!). I'm loving it - best decision I made about the house. They put in a breakfast bar that was 54" high, so I had them drop it 5" so we could actually USE it without buying ridiculously expensive bar stools. Now I have cheap ones, and a usable surface. :)

It's been a CRAZY week! I'm starting to feel better finally - not as winded, I might even go for a walk today - it appears that spring has finally sprung! I think I have 2 days left on the antibiotics.

Homework to do, hockey to watch, and life to live.

My pictures on Wednesday were of me and my aunt (or would that be my aunt and I?). She died suddenly 2 years ago Wednesday, and I'm just now getting to the point where I can talk abut the day she died without crying. I miss her every day, and just can't believe that it's been two years. Yikes.

Had IEP meeting with school on Tuesday. We're all on the same page, it seems, and while he's not getting an IEP, we are putting a 504 into place and hopefully that will help.



Off to do my homework and get some stuff done! Happy Sunday!!

old counter from the side - see how high that darn thing was??

yeah - MUCH better :)

6 comments:

Pseudo said...

Very nice Kathy. And glad to hear you guys are finally getting your spring weather.

cheatymoon said...

Counters look good. Glad you are almost done w/ the antibiotics.

Staci said...

Excellent choice to lower the bar!! I could never figure out why they always made them so high to begin with!! A 504 is a good place to start and you can get a lot of accommodations with that in place.

K Dubs said...

Thanks Pseudo and Movie :)
And Staci - I KNOW! Stupid contractors. LOL
I have to send the form back tomorrow, but am not 100% behind what they wrote (they left stuff out, but I guess you can add/take away as needed)..

Smart Mouth Broad said...

The kitchen looks great! I'm glad you're feeling better. ((hugs))

Jack said...

Looks nice! what loving meals you will create in your new kitchen :)