Sunday, April 12, 2009

Home....

Missing theManda already, and her crazy little doggie that is just so darn cute. Home... away from the ocean. Back to reality. To a new job. Back to school. Back to all the responsibilities of being an adult.
But oh my gosh it was so fun not to give a shit for a week!! The boy and I got along so well, and the high point of my week was looking over the first time on Space Mountain, and seeing his face and hearing him yell "YEAH!!!!".... that did it for me. This, the kid that freaked out at the ET ride the last time we went to Disney/Universal (when he was 7). He refused to go on any rides other than, oh, say the DUMBO ride.... It took over 2 hours to get him to even let me get the Fast Passes for Space Mt., and even THEN he was still saying he wouldn't go on it. Until the Matterhorn. He went on it. Didn't have a long enough line to think about it. And he loved it. And when I told him that Space Mt. was like that, only inside? All was right with the world. And when he insisted on sitting in the front the 2nd time on Big Thunder Mountain? I knew we were going to be OK. But seeing his face, and hearing that YEAH!? That was just golden. Then he insisted on going again - AND sitting in the front.
What I thought was going to be a 4 hour Disney visit turned into a 14 hour, my feet are killing me - but what a hell of a day!
He's turned the corner. Now... NOW my child will go on roller coasters with me. :)

Life is good.

4 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Too funny. I ditched space mountain when I was 10 after a 2 hour wait, lol.

My child has not a care about going to the house of Mouse. I've asked a few times. It could be arranged. He doesn't even want to fly anywhere...

Glad you had a week of not giving a shit. Sounds divine.

Unknown said...

I was in my 30s when I went on space mountain and it scared me to death! But I love disneyworld, any time, all the time.

Glad you had a great week.

crone51 said...

Glad you had a safe trip back. I too, was in my late 20s when first I went on Space Mountain - I loved it although I did throw up a chocolate covered banana when I got off.

Movie, I will go to the house of mouse with you....

Pseudo said...

I love roller coasters and Space Mountain is a fav.