Friday, April 10, 2009

What a week... so far!

What an awesome vacation so far.

The boy has been obsessed with taking pictures of fancy cars, which of course, us being in Southern Cali - has been easy. The closer we get to LA, the more fancy cars. The more half-dashboard, have-Porsche pictures I have. He did, however, get a full on of the orange "Lambo" as he calls it. LOL

Not sure what the highlight has been yet.

Could be any of these:

Seeing Amanda in her apartment that is STEPS from the beach, gotta love it!!

Seeing and smelling the ocean for the first time in over a year, God I miss that!

Watching the boy get all excited over an orange Lambo, and then a Porsche, and O M G a Ferrari dealership!

Getting rear-ended right outside the Academy. Yes - *THE* Academy. Here. I'll even post a picture of it.
 
Posted by Picasa


Maybe it was the Warner Bros tour where we got to see Simon Baker. Had I not been so goofy and saying "oooh ooh ooooh!" waving and hitting the boy, I would have called out "Simon" and he could have come over and signed an autograph for us. As it is, I got a picture of the back of his head. BUT... two seconds earlier, he was looking right at us. Damn it. Who knew I'd lose my voice at such a momentous occasion? We LOVE the Mentalist, by the way. Looooooooove it!

Or maybe it was just hanging with Mom for a week, no drama, no fights (well, no big ones)... and now getting woken up to go see the little rat Mouse known as Mickey. :)

Happy Good Friday! More pictures later. But a great time is being had by all, believe you me!

4 comments:

Pseudo said...

San Diego hads the best Mexican food Kathy. Mmm You are making me so homesick.

My kids were so excited by all the sports cars in LA too. My nephew is Mr LA and we stayed with him a few days. He drives a porshe and my son rode with him when we went out to dinner. I've got a pcitre of him hanging his head out the window, all gaga eyes and smiling.

cheatymoon said...

Awesome!!

I saw Paul Newman in Malibu when I lived out there. He was driving an Acura, lol.

Have fun at the happiest place on earth...

Unknown said...

First time to your blog but I definitely like what I see. I feel the same way you do about the ocean and it doesn't matter what ocean, just give me an ocean!

Jane

K Dubs said...

Pseudo - my cousin works at Fred's in Old Town - Taco Tuesdays! I did try a fish taco, but liked the buffalo chicken one much better :)
Movie - oooooooh that would have been nice. I almost went for a drive on Mulholland Dr., but was afraid that I'd get hit by Lindsay Lohan or, as it turns out, Fabio. Glad I stayed away. And Gaston, welcome!! I am going to check out your blog when I have a spare moment or three :)