Wednesday, July 1, 2009

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

 


See that? That's fruit. That's been soaking in wine, vodka and some other stuff. I just added some 7-Up to it and it is the most deeeeeeeeeeeeeelightful beverage ever. There's pineapple in there. Nothing retained it's color. LOL

Here is the recipe - I changed a couple of things - I used fresh pineapple, I haven't added the berries (yet LOL) and instead of orange juice, I put in a splash of key lime juice.

Here's to a clear butt!! ROFL

Ingredients:

* 1 Bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
* 1 Lemon cut into wedges
* 1 Orange cut into wedges
* 1 Lime cut into wedges
* 2 Tbsp sugar
* Splash of orange juice or lemonade
* 2 Shots of white rum or vodka
* 1 Cup of raspberries or strawberries (may use thawed or frozen)
* 1 Small can of diced pineapples (with juice)
* 4 Cups ginger ale

Preparation:
Pour wine into a large pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon, orange and lime into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible) and pineapple then add sugar, orange juice and rum/vodka. Chill overnight. Add ginger ale, berries and ice just before serving. If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice. However, remember that the best Sangrias are chilled around 24 hours in the frig. - allowing the flavors to really marinate into each other.


-
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Crissy do you see this? I'll make some for next weekend.
(Wish you could come hang with us next weekend, Kath)

K Dubs said...

it is damn good, too.
I wish I could hang, too!! :(

Desert Songbird said...

Anything with vodka is good for me, but I'd put in LOTS more vodka!

darsden said...

that sounds refreshing on a hot day :-)

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Yummmmmm! Would someone give me directions to Movie's so I can have this next weekend too?

K Dubs said...

Head north. LOL

And I still have a bunch left. Anyone know how long this stuff stays good??